Alpha 1 gear ratio

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Rob, thanks for posting wot results...

So going from a 3 blade 14x23 prop to a 4 blade 14x21prop just achieved + 100 wot revs, that's + 50 vot revs per 1 less pitch, So going for the near rule of thumb that states than when passing from a 3 blade pitch prop for a 4 blade while maintaining same diam, will need to go 1 less pitch for engine to achieve same wot rpm as with 3 blade prop.

If so, this "mith rule" proves that in real boating world doesn't works as stated. Will this issue happen in any combo when passing from 3 blade for a 4 blade one ? Comments, other experiences are welcome to have into consideration for the 4 blade prop lovers swapping OEM 3 blade ones.

Happy Boating

robjq5i

Cadet
Actually I went from a 3 blade 14x21 (OEM) to a 4 blade 14x19. Both aluminum. The motor turns MORE rpm's with the larger 3 blade. Totally new to boating so what do I know. I was just looking for a little more low end when pulling up wake boarders and the 4 blade prop was only about $120. Nice to run around with a spare prop.

robjq5i

Cadet
No Title

Still wasn't happy so I tried something else. Went on amazon and found a 14x17 quicksilver nemesis prop. Ok that made a change for sure. No idea what the WOT revs was because it quickly hit the rev limiter(beep). But boy would it jump out of the hole!! So returned that and went to a nemesis 14x19 (oem 14x21) Looks like a winner. WOT rpm right around 4800. Speed down quite a bit but that's ok. Turns well and gets on plane quick. The nemesis looks a little different than the Turning Point Hustler prop in 14x19. But I never saw much change.

Attachments

• photo268485.JPG
    photo268485.JPG
    330.3 KB · Views: 0