1984 Chrysler 85hp Propeller Question

71offshore

Cadet
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...0282596-1984-chrysler-85hp-propeller-question

Above is a link to my original question. Basically my propeller has been changed out and is a thru hub exhaust mercury propeller that seems to run great, until I discovered the PO fixed a missing chunk with JB weld, which is the reason I am now looking for a new one. My motor is not a thru hub exhaust, my correct prop is $263.00 but I can get a Solas for a mercury thru hub like I am currently running for $105.50. By doing that am I going to cause any issues or am I good to go.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Go to the Force site and follow Frank Ampuora (I guessed at the spelling of his last name.). He spent lots of time with Chrysler and Force engines, souping up the engines and all. He covers props for those engines and talks about the effect of the thru hub on a non-thru hub engine. He even made a tail cone for one of his thru hub props on his 120 Chrysler.

71offshore

Cadet
To update, I got the Solas prop (1411-133-17) which is a 15 spline thru hub exhaust Mercury prop. It fits perfect and works great, I ended up finding a post that Frank had mentioned thru hub was fine after I had already gotten it. I was able save a full tanks worth of non ethanol gas with the price difference of the actual Chrysler/Force Prop.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
nice ! Did you have to pull the plastic ring off the prop to get it to fit ? I had similar luck with a turning point prop.