Propeller options War Eagle 754VS, Yamaha 60 horse 4 stroke

charleso

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 17 foot 7 inch modified V aluminum hull. It came with a 10 1/4 x 14 prop. I have ran the info through the Michigan Wheel prop selector as an up to 17 foot boat and as a 17 to 19 foot boat. I come up with multiple choices for prop sizing, but none for the prop I have. The issue I have is having low engine RPM and the boat doesn't seem to plane out no matter what I trim it out at. Can someone please make a recommendation on prop size?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
You need to tach current delivered prop with a induction tach if not having one on a wot spin very lightly loaded, say you alone on flat calm no wind water cond and check if inside min-max wot rpm range factory stated for that OB which should be 5-6 K wildly guessing ? Then and only then can go for a prop maximization to pull wot revs towards max wot range for the type of boating you want to do. Yam has lots of 3 blades props with lower pitches to choose from.

Happy Boating

charleso

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Recommended wot is indeed 5000~6000 rpm. By onboard tach, I am running well below that. I will invest in a good induction tach, any suggestions on one?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Hardline Hour/Tach model :

If 2 cylinder OB > [FONT=&quot]HR-8061-2
If 3 cylinder or more > HR-8062-2
Install as per instructions.
Report max wot rpm achieved as usually loaded on flat calm, no wind water cond.
Chech Iboats, Amazon....

Happy Boating
[/FONT]