Need new (or used) prop for 1974 Lund with 302 engine 188hp

evil32

Recruit
I bought this boat this spring, my first sterndrive. It came with a second prop. Last weekend the prop on it slipped (spun). I replaced it with the second prop and now it goes much slower, has less power and takes forever to plane out. Looking to purchase a replacement prop but not sure where to start. No documentation with this old boat. No idea what prop is on it now. We have been pulling a tube and cruising with it, but will be doing some salmon fishing this fall on Green Bay. We will need to go about 45 miles from the slip (by Sturgeon Bay) to get to the fishing area by Washington Island so speed/fuel efficiency is a consideration as well. Any suggestions for diameter/pitch I should be looking for? I would like the speed back. I was getting ~32mph according to my GPS. In the low to mid 20's now. I will look at the old prop tonight and see if it has any writing on it. The boat is docked an hour away so I can't just run over and look at the new prop. Any help for this newbie would be appreciated.

evil32

Recruit
I did find that for that year boat it used the [FONT=&quot]MC-1 drive fitted behind the 302 and was a 1.5:1[/FONT]

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
welcome to iboats... before you can properly evaluate the right prop for your rig.... questions need to be answered first... what is the recommended WOT rpm range for your engine? and do you or have you hit that # with the props you have run?, guessing 4400-4800 rpms.. WOT= wide open throttle... what pitch props are you running now? should be a number stamped on the collar of the prop.. bunch of numbers ###### -## dash and last two numbers usually indicate pitch. 19? 20? 21?. something like that.. report back with answers you will likely get steered in the right direction

evil32

Recruit
Ok, I looked at the prop that spun and the only number on it is 992006 with no dash or addl numbers. I did find a post stating that for the [FONT=&quot]Mercruiser 888/ Ford 302 the WOT spec is 3800-4200. [/FONT] Spun Prop.jpg

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
A prop shop should be able to repair the hub.Did you look under the prop nut for numbers?