20ft maxum, force 125

Chevyboi001

Cadet
I have a 1989 Maxum with a force 125 on the back, my prop is beat up and due for refinishing or replacement. Looking for a part number on the prop all i have is 19 stamped into it. Does this me 19pitch? Assuming this is a 13in with 19 prop, Just to be sure decided to post. If so i was thinking of dropping to a 17 pitch. I was hoping somebody had some helpful info for me.I have no idea of weight of boat, i do know 37mph 3-4 people max rpm 5000. cruise speed of 32-35 4700rpm. using factory gauges so they could be off a bit. i do pull a tube here and there but normal just pleasure boating. thanks

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
yes 19p is likely what you are looking at. before you go prop shopping,, if your beat up 19p is running in the recommended rpm range for that motor, a new 19p prop should be the ticket.. I dont know the recommended rpm range is on that motor.... generally speaking, if you are now in the recommended range with your 19, an increase in pitch will decrease your WOT rpm range. a decrease in pitch, you could over rev the motor.

Stingrayaxe

Seaman
I had that motor on a 1988 Bayliner Capri 1900. The stock prop was a 17 x 13.25. The last time I bought a prop it was a Michigan Wheel # 72107 on iboats. This was for the single exhaust version. (Exhaust through the snout not the prop). I didn't have a tach so RPM was only a guess. That's why I stayed with the stock size. You can down load a free MPH app if you have a smart phone. It will give you exact MPH. I found that very helpful when purchasing a different prop for my current boat. I was not surprised that the MPH gauge on the boat was several miles per hour off of my actual speed.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
yes there are both style of michigan props for sale on this site. 072107 is closed hub and 072128 is the open hub version. Depends on which lower unit you have - the 2nd one will work on either style but I prefer the 1st style if you have a single exhaust engine.

Glenn Iverson

Seaman Apprentice
My 1989 20 ft. Arriva is similar to your Maxum. Built by same company. I also use a Force 125. It had a 19 pitch prop on it (19 stamped on it) Specs say my dry weight with motor is 2150 lbs. I'll bet yours is close.