Size of prop for Yamaha 150 on Veranda tri-toon

Lbjhappy

Recruit
What size would be best to get the highest / fastest performance ? 21 degree came on motor and can only get it up to 4000 rpms. Has been suggested it might be the prop.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Are you still watching this or is it too far gone?

I assume you trimmed for the best WOT rpms. That yammie runs out at what 5500, 6000 max recommended rpms? You are so far from that something is dreadfully wrong. I don't know what a Veranda tri toon is, nor the length/weight. I ask the question because the engine may have been propped for a lighter, faster boat. Just because the dealer stuck it on there doesn't necessarily mean it's the right match. I had that happen to me in buying a new boat once.

What's the gear ratio of the engine? 2:1, 1.64, 1.87?????? Any idea if your tach is accurate? What are your IDLE rpms in F gear boat moving? What kind of prop is on it now, SS? Ported? Rake? Cupped?.......if you don't know, just shoot a CLEAR picture of it from about 45 degrees to the rear, shoot from about 3 feet away and post.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Can get only 4K wot rpm while :

Light, medium light full loaded toon ?

Perform a hub slip test with OB sitting at 90? on transom to check current prop is 101% operational, could be on it's way to become completely spun.

If OK

Check wot revs with another tach to know both reads same.

Is OB healthy, accepts full hammer down ?

Which diam/pitch is current prop ?

Happy Boating

Last edited: