Need help with prop recommendation for 22' pontoon

Jimmypop13

Recruit
Hey everyone! I have a 2013 22' Avalon Catalina rear fish pontoon boat. Today I hit somthing and completely tore off one blade on my prop so I figured instead of getting the same one again, I'd see what y'all recommend for a bit better performance and control.
The boat has two pontoons, not a tri.
The engine is a Yamaha F90LA making 90hp with an operating range of 5000-6000rpm.
I couldn't find the exact model of prop that's currently on it but it's made by Solas, is 3 blade, and is 13.75x13 and is painted black so I tbink it's aluminum
I usually have around 4 people and with a full tank at WOT, I'm turning an average of 5500-5600rpm and going 20mph.
Should I try to get WOT rpms up to 5900? I looked through a few Yamaha performance bulletins for similar configurations and they all seem to be turning 5800-5900rpms and going around 24-25mph. The props in those bulletins are around 13.5x14.
I was curious about the Yamaha Pontoon Performance prop though because the description makes it sound like it's ideal for a pontoon. It is a 14" prop so I'd be going up in size from my current setup (13.75") a little. Then I guess I'd have to go down in pitch right? To get the rpm's up around 5800-5900?

What do you guys think? Would that be a bad idea to go with a bigger diameter? I'm open to any and all suggestions
Thank you so much!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard.

its a pontoon, until you go bigger with your motor to get up on plane, your at displacement speed and a new prop would only raise or lower your RPM.

going from a 13p to a 14p will lower your RPM, not raise it. right now your proped correctly, so my recommendation would be to replace your prop with a like prop and get yours repaired as a spare.