Prop selection - Twin Sterndrives

pachanga27

Seaman Apprentice
Boat is a 1989 Sea Ray Pachanga 27 - Twin 350 Mags - Alpha Outdrives. Quicksilver Mirage SS props on both outdrives Two months ago I hit a submerged piece of angle iron at the slip with the port outdrive. Port prop was damaged - I had this prop rebuilt by a reputable local company. The prop was nicely repaired - however the inner hob/rubber/coupling must be damaged (I am not sure exactly how to describe it) as the prop now slips (IMHO) The revs go up but the prop is not functioning as it should. Getting on plane seems to be where the slippage is occurring, Once on plane and at 3500rpm - no real issues other than I have to run about 200 to 300 more rpm on the port motor for the sync gauge to center. This may have nothing to do with the prop .. but just a new thing that is occurring since reinstalling the prop.

So.. I am searching today for a new prop - the Quicksilver SS props on line (iboats, etc) are stating a 2-3 week deliver time - I want to purchase one now before next weekend. Several questions:

1) Any suggestions as to a vendor whom may have props in stock fro shipping immediately. Even another brand is fine with me.
2) Can I substitute an aluminum prop in the same size and part number (48-13704A41 23P) that I can purchase immediately - my concern is the mismatch between weight, etc. between the two outdives?

Thanks.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Why not just get the hub replaced in the repaired prop,..??

pachanga27

Seaman Apprentice
Bondo I did not know that could be done. I will look at doing that. Currently I do not know of any local facilities that can perform that repair, However I will ask.
Thanks.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Bondo I did not know that could be done. I will look at doing that. Currently I do not know of any local facilities that can perform that repair, However I will ask.
Thanks.

Same place that did your prop rebuild should be able to do that also.