1990 15HP Johnson

btkees

Cadet
I acquired a used 10 1/2 X 12 prop. It came off what I "believe" is a 25 or 40 Johnson/ Evinrude. I already have a hub kit for my 15hp Johnson. Just looking for a replacement for my dinged up one and FREE IS GOOD. I checked out the envinrude site to find 10.5x11 the closest. Would this 10.5x12 prop work? Would any of you use it? Thanks in advance for all you input.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Test with induction tach dinged prop on a wot run lightly loaded first, check max achieved rpm. If hub splines matches, test second prop and stay with the one that offers max wot rpm.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

Dizz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Unless you have that motor,on a super light jon,with one person,it is too much.I have same motor,came new with 10" prop,many here are telling me the same thing as you,props go down to like 7",8,9,10,and 11".Your one step over max.I got a Solas for low $60 range new.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If you don't tach both props with an induction tach, you will be blindly guessing which is no bueno for engine. An engine performing "right" is no indication is working inside its min-max wot rpm range factory stated. Can go from there maximizing a prop that revs around max wot rpm for your current application and load. With 12 pitch is size, expect to produce less wot revs than with a 10, probably will enter the lug zone straight at wot.

Happy Boating