Propping help with Jackplate!!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Sorry, you have dialed the wrong blue line, you should lower OB for water flow to pass at speed slightly under red line seen on modified pic you posted and was sent back with height parameters. Read my previous 13th post fully, check picture to understand. You are already at number 3, too low.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sorry, you have dialed the wrong blue line, you should lower OB for water flow to pass at speed slightly under red line seen on modified pic you posted and was sent back with height parameters. Read my previous 13th post fully, check picture to understand. You are already at number 3, too low.

Happy Boating

Hi Sea Rider,

If you read my previous posts carefully you will notice that I've tried those settings already and it was too dangerous, the boat was porpoising very badly, I even moved weight around front to back to center, tried different trim angles and NOTHING worked. It is not correct, I don't understand why you are stuck at the notion that water should pass slightly under red line, this will cause excessive drag and possible handling issues with all that cav plate in the water.. again read my previous post and you will see that ONLY when I raised the outboard did all my issues go away!

I said it before and I'll say it again, I AM NOT LOWERING at this point, it will stay where it is or go a little higher, why do you keep drilling me with this? You make it seem as if I am just making up stories? I am 5 minutes from the lake and been on the water for 2 days adjusting jackplate height 1/4" at a time, and I'm sorry to say that your suggestions didn't work as I TRIED THOSE HEIGHT SETTINGS ALREADY. In calm and rough condition mind you...!

Furthermore, putting the outboard such as that water should pass under the red line would mean that my cav plate would be LOWER than the bottom of the boat/keel... even manufacturers/dealers don't put outboards this low, the lowest I seen them go is even with the bottom. I don't see why your suggesting such a thing, I'm not saying your wrong but surely those settings DID NOT WORK for me, maybe on another boat yes, maybe on a small aluminum with a 10 or 20hp motor yes, but not when your hitting speeds of 50mph I think its extremely dangerous and my boat proved so, enough said!

Please don't take what I'm saying personally, just understand that it didn't work for me, I can't say it any simpler than that. Thanks for your input though!

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
100.... your good. You still have some upward adjustment to go, just watch the water pressure gauge. I guess this is too high also :)

DSC_2785.jpg

Petty Officer 1st Class
100.... your good. You still have some upward adjustment to go, just watch the water pressure gauge. I guess this is too high also :)

Ya I'd think that's a little high lollll it looks like the nose of the "bullet" is out of the water??? Crazy!!

What should I be looking out for interms of water pressure dropping? Like when it drops to what level should I be concerned?

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
You don't want it to drop. Says it running 12-14 PSI at WOT at trimmed position, we want to maintain this thru straightaway running and turns. If you see it drop in either case lower the height a tad or if it flutters with a pressure rise shut it down as that is a steam reading. The Bullet I sold had a 8" plate and was 11" off top of transom and prop shaft was 1-3/4" above bottom of pad.

Petty Officer 1st Class
You don't want it to drop. Says it running 12-14 PSI at WOT at trimmed position, we want to maintain this thru straightaway running and turns. If you see it drop in either case lower the height a tad or if it flutters with a pressure rise shut it down as that is a steam reading. The Bullet I sold had a 8" plate and was 11" off top of transom and prop shaft was 1-3/4" above bottom of pad.

Ok thanks for the tips I'll keep an eye on it! That's madness 1-3/4" above pad for prop shaft!!