BF20 9.25X 9p- 4 Blade prop

1972JAV

Recruit
What is the difference between the three BF20 9.25"x 9p props beside price in the props for sale portion of the website. Does the higher price prop come with extras and what would they be. Have a 9.25x 10p prop now, but with the wife and kid ,it adds another two hundred and fifty lbs. to the boat and it will only pull 5300rpm and 18mph.. Me alone it'll go 26mph at 6 grand. 13' Smoker Craft Alaskan, 2015 BF20 Elec. start and lift. AV plate with fin even with bottom of stern. 3 Gal. gas tank. Series 29 battery in front and 350amp lawn mower battery in back. Right at Max. cap. # for the boat with the family. Randy

Last edited:

1972JAV

Recruit
I went ahead and purchased a 10 x 7p HT. I'll let ya know in a couple days how it works.. Researching the prop took a lot of searching and still could not find much info on its use. All I could deduce is the 7p lets the motor reve higher and the larger 10" dia. actually acts like increase in pitch by pushing more water . Most usage of the prop is on large boats. Have not found any usage on smaller 1000 lb. or less boats. Some prop finders suggested a three blade prop of 9.25 x 9, With the three blade not having as much lift in the stern of the boat as a four blade prop. I was looking more for a increase of rpms and thrust with lift. Will have to keep a eye on the rpms when traveling alone. Thanks, Randy