Decrease pitch or radius?

zymox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello folks

Bought a Bayliner trophy 2002 wa -96 with a Force 120hp -96 a couple of weeka ago and today was supposed to be the first test run day.
Ofcourse I smashed the plastic prop mounted (propulse something) and have read alot of forums for a replacement prop.
Most seems to be suggesting a 13.25 * 17 * 3 prop and this is a 3 blade unit but I would like to have a 4 blade due to handling offshore.
I read everywhere that I need to keep the radius and reduce the pitch to 16" to keep my wot but I can't find a prop that meets my requirement. Isn't it possible instead to reduce the radius some like .5 or 1"? knowing that I will loose some topspeed.

Last edited:

zymox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
SkiDad, thanks for answering me.
I don't know the former size or pitch of the prop that was mounted since it was a plastic one and all the blades went off. I to suspect that it could be a little to much for that engine.
However, I found an interesting one easily available here in Sweden but would like your opinion.
What do you think of Rubex 4,
(13,25 x 13 x 4) or (13,25 x 15 x 4) ?

Last edited:

zymox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Did make an order for a Rubex 13 x 15 x 4 per your suggestions so will see how it runs...
Thank you SkiDad for your help.