Stainless prop on rinker captiva 192

jminz

Cadet
I have a 2005 rinker captiva 192 4.3L. Looking for folks with same boat and which stainless prop you are running and what pitch.

I don't have the luxury of trying multiple props so I need input before buying. Thanks in advance.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
What are you running now
What is the max rpm attained?
Better off with Alum, less things break

jminz

Cadet
I'm running a blackmax 19pitch aluminum. Hits rev limiter at 5k.

I know I'll need to pitch up to 20 at least, but I would really like to go to stainless so was hoping to see which one others prefer.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Post the gearing on you leg your current speed's we know your rpm levels....Is this a carbed or efi engine?

jminz

Cadet
Post the gearing on you leg your current speed's we know your rpm levels....Is this a carbed or efi engine?
1.81 ratio. Max rpm at 5k when rev limiter kicks in, assuming my tach is right. Top speed is 42mph. It is carbed.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
21 pitch solas or stilletto. If that boat had a light load when you posted your number's maybe a 20 pitch for a heavy load.

Below is a guide line that will get you very close to optium

ESSENTIAL DATA REQUIRED
When posting a question about propellers, you cannot get a reasonable answer unless you provide the following information in your post: Items 1-4 are essential for meaningful response to most questions.
1) Performance issue you are trying to correct.
2) Current prop manufacturer, model, aluminum or stainless as a minimum.
3) Current prop diameter and pitch (required).
4) Wide open throttle RPM and speed with an average load (very helpful)
5) Engine/drive make, model, year, and HP
6) Boat make model, year, length and weight

Last edited: