Macguyver seat covers

Philvtn

Cadet
New furniture for my deck boat won't arrive in time for 4th of July festivities. Current seats are far beyond their prime and uncomfortable on skin. Need to hide my shame quickly, effectively, and inexpensively.

Current thoughts are to get some cheap vinyl, like shower curtains, and staple it onto the seats. Maybe the seatbacks too, but that's mostly for aesthetics and not critical.

Any thoughts on a temporary solution? Just need to get through 2 days with minimum effort/cost. 2 hard use days.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
:welcome: Philvn to iboats.

You could buy some real cheap auto seat stretch type covers...

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'd measure for size, head to the nearest fabric store, and check out whatever was on sale. I wouldn't care if it was waterproof as long as it felt good on bare skin and didn't bleed the color. Drape it over the back and either staple it in place or wedge it between the seat and the fence.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
felt blankets, you can all ways use a few around the house later

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
hit up the clearance isle for a set of bed sheets that are in the color you want. then staple in place.

Philvtn

Cadet
Awesome suggestions. I did hit the crafts dept, local didn't have any vinyl. The sheets idea was a good one, hadn't considered anything but vinyl. Unfortunately the only cost defective ones were too thin. The blankets make really good sense, but they're calling for rain. I ended up grabbing a heavy weight shower curtain liner, was able to find one in a tan that gets close to my color scheme.

Will let y'all know how it goes.

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Throw a beach towel down on it when you get ready to set down on it.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Throw a beach towel down on it when you get ready to set down on it.

That's my idea, too and they can be used for boat towels when the new furniture arrives. And won't stick to you like the shower curtain will.