Need help pricing my dad's 24' Fisher for sale, please

DadsFisher

Recruit
My father is 87 and has decided that it is time to let his boat go :( It's a 24' Fisher w/90 HP Mercury engine, very infrequently used. The manual that came with the boat does not list the specific models that NADA lists and their recommended listing price is much higher than the few similar boats that I have found listed. It is complicated, of course, by the fact that the manufacturer has been out of business for some time now.

I am not a boater and, despite being a typical overwhelmed and sleep-deprived caregiver, I have been doing my best to research on the Internet how to price the boat for sale. I'd also welcome advice on what else I can do to get the boat sold quickly (as I'm told NOW is the time) and to get him the maximum return.

My apologies if this is not listed properly. I saw an advice forum when I was browsing, but could not locate it after I had enrolled. Thanks in advance for the help!

Jeep Man

Commander
We can probably give you some idea but are missing crucial details. Location is very important. The same boat will be priced very differently in Montana and Florida. Age of the boat (and motor), with or without trailer, stored inside or outside, covered or not, fresh or salt water use are all major factors. Pictures are virtually required.

ahicks

Captain
Don't forget a picture or 2 can be worth a thousand words? You might draw better advice from those here with more information available to them. On that same line of thought, you mention selling quickly. Well done/thought out pictures in your add, wherever you decide to place it, can make a HUGE difference in both what the boat sells for, and how long it takes to do that.

I wouldn't be real concerned that the boat is no longer made.

1983 ercoa 21'

Chief Petty Officer
If I remember correctly tracker bought fisher some of the same year tracker and fisher toon are identical other than the name. I'd also bet your boat will have a force by mercury which was Chrysler then force then merc bought them and if it is a force motor it is not as sought after as some other motors which leads to not as valuable. My guess would be you have a fisher model 24 dl ??? When looking up on nada you have to look the boat,motor,trailer up separately and add the values together then look somewhere like Craigslist in your area to see what similar toons are selling for. Good luck

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Spectrum bought Fisher in 1997, Tracker bought Spectrum in 1998, I had a 1998 Fisher Spectrafish 20 that was titled as a Tracker, go figure, I'm pretty sure 1998 was the last year, my dealer here went to all Trackers in 1999. There are many nice Fishers still around and it was a well made and much respected brand. I would not hesitate to buy a decent used Fisher.

On the right rear of the boat on the back of the pontoon should be a plate with the Hull ID # the first three letters will identify the manufacturer and either the first two or the last two of the numbers will be the year (I forget which).

Jeepman already asked great questions above and those answers are important, I would also ask:

When did it last run?

When why and how was it put away.

Best way we can help you is if you can give us some pictures.