fencing pulled away

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I see a picture symbol, but no picture. ... But don't feel lonely. I find this forum to be far more difficult than others to post a photo.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Yep. It appears to me that the white fence originally lay inside a slot in the aluminum colored piece above it. Something pushed on the fence and it popped out of place in the slot. Does that sound right? If so, my first thought would be to loosen the aluminum colored piece enough to move it up until the fence slipped back in place. It is possible the screws inside the snap fittings are holding the aluminum piece in place? If so, perhaps you could loosen/remove them to reposition the aluminum piece. ... That's about all I can suggest from this photo.

My cover ripped and was flapping in the wind as I was towing it and the fence pulled out a bit.. Thanks for the help.. I'll give it a shot

1983 ercoa 21'

Chief Petty Officer
Fyi when you get it back together install a flat strap from top rail to bottom rail the wiil keep this from happening again. I use a jack to hold up bottom rail so I could get mine back together

ahicks

Captain
I might be tempted to coax it a little with a putty knife while tucking the edge back in a little bit at a time with my fingers? You'd have to be pretty careful, but even if it didn't turn out perfectly, it might look better than it does now?

Jeep Man

Commander
Nearly all of my fence was that way. Not my doing, it was in a really bad situation early in it's life. The best way to fix this causing the least amount of damage is using a small bottle jack. On the inside where the horizontal structure, place a 1 ft. piece of 2x4 in a horizontal direction under the top horizontal frame, a short piece of 2x4 cut the appropriate length in a vertical direction on the base horizontal frame, and the bottle jack in between. Jack it up just enough to let the skin go back in. While holding the skin in place, release the pressure. If the top horizontal structure is permanently bent upwards it too can be fixed but requires a little more trickery,

Well got it in. Just took a bottle jack and pump it up so the ridge came up a bit and pop it in. Thank god the rail wasn't bent. Thanks for all the come backs. Great form.