Grill

coresuper

Seaman
Wanting a new grill for my pontoon. Last one is at the bottom of the lake due to a faulty base plate connection. What type of frill is on your pontoon and how is it mounted?

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I was going to post a photo from my boat, but posting pictures to this &%#$ site is so hard that I gave up. Sorry.

coresuper

Seaman
HotTommy, open your picture in your paint program and you can resize it to easily post.

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a Magma Kettle grill. Used it on a few boats now...works well. I never loved how it mounted until i picked up the Magma A10-240 grill mount. i have it attached to the rear fence and it works awesome...very secure. Wasn't cheap but paid for itself after the first time out with easy grilling

tomr50

Seaman Apprentice
I went a different route. I installed an inverter. and installed this plug. 110.jpgit runs my George Foreman Grill and any other 120v item. I have the inverter connected to a dedicated battery under the helm.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I went a different route. I installed an inverter. and installed this plug. it runs my George Foreman Grill and any other 120v item. I have the inverter connected to a dedicated battery under the helm.
If you have a 1500W grill you will draw 141A from a 12V battery assuming 85% efficiency. Since you only want to discharge a battery 50%, you must have a big ass battery to run the grill for an hour!

tomr50

Seaman Apprentice
Well, on the boat when we grill it's hamburgers, hotdogs, or sausage. So it doesn't run for long. We do most of our grilling either dockside or the campsite.

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Used a Rod Holder mount for the grill, have these all over the toon so i can move the grill if needed.

Attachments

• photo186742.jpg
    photo186742.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 0

glust

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bought a standard land based portable grill that runs off of the 2 pound propane bottles. I got exhaust pieces from an auto parts store . They sell several different diameters in short 6 inch sections. I got one that slips inside of another. Permanently mounted the not to the outside rail of the boat using, of course, a muffler U bracket. The other I tacked onto the base of the girl. When I want to use the grill i slide the grill onto the mounted pipe. This keeps the grill outside the boat. I can then remove it when finished... It turned out pretty nice...