Sundeck capacity, sun tracker party cruiser 32

I?ve recently bought a Sun tracker party cruiser 32 regency edition 2008.
I?m now in the proccess of buying furniture for the sundeck, but cant find any information about the max capacity for the construction.
It looks like I?m gong for 3 lightweight sunbeds, and a couple of chairs. This will allow seating for adults. Is this ok, or am I pushing it?

any other tips for a rookie pontoonboat owner in Norway would be appreciated :)

John

ahicks

Captain
I'm not so sure I would want any furniture up there. That deck is quite a distance off the water, and any side to side motion caused by a wave from the side might cause anyone up there to be hanging on for dear life! Not something I'd want to attempt while lying in a sunbed, unless there was some assurance that a wave/boat wake hitting the side of the boat wasn't going to happen. They're best used as a diving platform in my opinion.

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
My friend has the same boat with the high rails on the upper deck, he has some plastic benches with storage in the bottom and a couple folding chairs up there. He also has a bimini top and they spend a lot of time on that deck at the dock. I have been up there with him and another friend and we are all 200 pound plus guys. I agree with ahicks that I wouldn't want to be up there in any rough weather or high traffic situation. I will see if he knows the capacity of the upper deck.

Last edited:

glust

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Seems to me I remember my 1994 30' sun tracker had a decal on it that listed the capacity of 600 #. The railing on mine is only about 4 inches so no one is up there when we are underway and no furniture. The kids get up there to lay on the deck. Mostly they just jump off of it.