tell us about your new toons or upgrades and mods

jasburrito

Cadet
Getting geeked about this boating season. Had to take last year off. Bummer. Anyways I got sick of cruising the same lake and picked up a used trailer. 24ft 2010 lightly used trailmaster bunk dual axle with single axle brakes. Has wind guides and ladder. My toons on the ground now. So I guess I need to rent a crank up trailer to get my toon to the lake then load on my bunk trailer. Any better ideas? O ya I think I paid prememum for used. 1900. But they are hard to find used. Seems his toon was 75 inches and mine is 73. So I need to do a little adjusting. Any tips comments or advice. Thanks is there a easy way to post pic from droid not to big? Come on iboat forum get with the rest of the world on being able to post pics easy. Cheers

Illinoid

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I would jack up the front of the toon higher than the back of the trailer and block it up so you can back the trailer under the front of the toons. Hook up the winch and tighten up the rope/cable. Unhook the tow vehicle and pull it away...just in case. Lubricate the bunks with Pam or something else that won't hurt the environment when it gets washed off at the launch. Crank the toon up onto the trailer. This probably would not work with a toon with lots of lime buildup on the toons and carpet on the bunks.
I really enjoy cruising different lakes and rivers. Change of scenery is good and weather can be sunny in southern Wisconsin and raining in Northern Illinois or vice versa.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
$1900 doesn't sound bad for a trailer in good condition. I know pontoon trailers are hard to find.

Hope the bunks adjustable.

ahicks

Captain
I like the drop it in the lake plan. If that's going to be expensive or hard, then do the blocking, and etc.

tomr50

Seaman Apprentice
I just installed a JPL4300 Jackplate and hoping to get it adjusted on the lake this weekend. I only had about an hour on it last weekend and it is set too high. One unexpected improvement is my depth gauge stays stable at high speeds. it was never accurate at faster speeds it just jumped around and was useless. At the higher level I did get 3 mph faster at the same RPM. When I raised the trim to my normal WOT position It was cavitating.

Seon

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Order and received the economy model Bimini the other day. I have the Toon berthed at Oxbow Marina in the Sacramento Delta where the wife and I installed it. We mounted the new one in the front of the existing Bimini and we are now ready to take a cruise with the kids, grandkids and great-granddaughter today in the shaded Toon. Although the canvas is thinner than the existing top that was on the boat when we bought it, the assembly was straightforward and snapping-in the cross bow to the uprights were easy. It didn't take long to assemble and mount. It was so easy that a "Caveman" could do it
icon_wink.gif

I'll post more pics and post after today's cruise.

Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies
icon_razz.gif

Attachments

• photo220507.jpg
    photo220507.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 0

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Photobucket is your picture posting friend. Snap your picture, share it to the PB app, open the forum and make your post, open PB on your computer, click the img link and paste it here.

Perfect pics, no sizing issues, no problem.

Reel Kahuna

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

I recently installed a 2nd Bimini top. Really kept the crew happy not scorching in the sun.

Attachments

• photo221361.jpg
    photo221361.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 0

BrianMc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I haven't made any mods yet this season,but I've made a few too this '89 StarCraft. Enough so that I'm not sure what yr and make it should be now. Maybe a 2013 Fishtoon ser. no. 000001. As far as the county appraiser is concerned it's an '89. They were nailing me for 2k a yr. on my last rig,and they went up 5 yrs. in a row. Went round and round with them. So, I sold it and built this one. Taxes now are $180 a yr......Boom! :D