New record splash time

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Put the toon in the water last weekend, used it last night and today. Its never seen the water in mid April before in this area.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Great to hear. I'll be in your part of the country next week and I hope the weather stays good there. ... I had hoped to launch mine by now, but it has rained so much here in Alabama that I'm waiting for the lake to come to me. I'm glad I've still got it in the yard for an emergency escape .... (just kidding about the escape).

Jeep Man

Commander
The boat is still on the grass, which is much softer than the water still, where it sits all summer

Expidia

Commander
My best splashdown here in the NE was a few years back March 18th and it was 78 degrees. That year no rivers or lakes froze as it was such a warm winter.

Had the rig all dressed up and ready to go for a splashdown "today" on the hudson river, but its 9:30 AM and still only 46 degrees. With no passenger windshield and usually 10 degrees cooler on the water plus the wind effect while moving spells below freezing :soap: . . . oh well, maybe next week :thumb:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Picking ours[FONT=Verdana, Arial] up [/FONT]from the shop on the way home from Atlanta on Thursday and if weather good we'll be splashed on Guntersville friday morning

Last edited:

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
our docks will not go in until mid May here, and that is ok with me, the weather been pretty crappy so far, and more rain this week

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer
It snowed today and bit and had been cold. But, it won't last long. Leaving for California tomorrow for the rest of the week.

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class
Finally splashed our on Saturday 5/2/15. Air temp was a bit cool and TN river was way high the weekend prior. First time launching and retrieving at new place we bought last October. Boat ran out great and no issues with the ramp.

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
I went down to the lake today, they started putting the docks in the water. it wont be long now until my pontoon is in the water.:happy:

glust

Petty Officer 2nd Class
my local lake where I slip has been lowered to winter pool due to concerns of dam failure. Plan to fix iix 3-5 years. So I pulled the motor off my pontoon, the seats out, and stored her behind a barn until the lake is fixed.... Very sad....no splash this year....or next..

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
my local lake where I slip has been lowered to winter pool due to concerns of dam failure. Plan to fix iix 3-5 years. So I pulled the motor off my pontoon, the seats out, and stored her behind a barn until the lake is fixed.... Very sad....no splash this year....or next..

Just reading your post gave me a panic attack. Isn't there some other lake? Something? Anything?:disturbed:

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just reading your post gave me a panic attack. Isn't there some other lake? Something? Anything?:disturbed:

I would have to tow my pontoon to another lake/ river, just so I could be out there enjoying the season.

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
the marina called me, finally got my pontoon in the water today, time to get out and :fish2:

Last edited: