Dent in Fence

coresuper

Seaman
After uncovering my pontoon to get ready for spring fishing, I noticed this large, round 'ding' in the fence. It is in a bad spot because the other side is in my rod storage bin which is only inches wide. Any ideas on how to get this out?

Attachments

• photo217570.jpg
    photo217570.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 0

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Hard to hammer that out without damaging the panel worse. Looks like a bullet hit the area,I suppose the tarp slowed it down enough to not chip the paint?
I suppose you could install a running light or reflector over the area,after cutting or hammering it out

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
I agree. Embrace the dent. It's very hard to remove a blemish like that on a reflective surface. Can you replace the panel in it's entirety?

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer
The metal is stretched you won't pound that out. You say you need the space behind it. How about cutting it out with a metal hole saw and then placing a round design over the hole. Maybe a light as mentioned above or just a cool design.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
not sure what you are up against as not a Toon guy bit a block of wood on the backside and a hammer on the front??

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
You can hammer and dolly it, or call a paintless dent guy

Jeep Man

Commander
There is an online method using a heat gun (hair dryer) and ice that I've been wanting to try on mine. Another possibility for you is Paintless Dent Removal. Check your local body shops. My daughter just had a sizable dent, courtesy of a shopping cart in the wind, taken out of her car's fender with this method. Cost her $100

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I don't think it was from a bullet, but more like a pellet or even a BB. Most any bullet would have gone through that area with out even trying hard. And the tarp would certainly have a hole as well. And removing the could be interesting. Unless you can get to it from the inside, you better chance is to fill, sand, and touch up with paint... JMHO!

coresuper

Seaman
No Title

Fixed it with a Bengal!

Attachments

• photo218077.jpg
    photo218077.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo218078.jpg
    photo218078.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 0

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
grinning-smiley-003.gif

A Chief arrowhead would have been better...