What size motor to achieve more speed?

rhino_160

Seaman
Well gang I ended up parting ways with the pontoon :(, Part of me is sad but the other part of me is ready to pick up my 22' Tahoe Deck boat. The layout is the pontoon style with the added benefit of a larger engine to achieve the speed i wanted. Thanks for all the feedback and guess I have to move to another forum page lol. Thanks again all

ron nh

Cadet
It's pretty funny reading some of these responses, I thought it was 1988 again. Pontoons can & do pull skiers,pull tubes and many go well past 40mph. with the proper steering set up they do it very well. there is a reason they out sell deck boats 50 to 1. all you need is a tri-toon w/150hp or more depending on how much performance your looking for. if you want to put around stick to a 2 tube. people should do a little research before giving advice.

ron nh

Cadet
just wanted to say also, I'm not anti deck boat, I almost bought one, love em.

rhino_160

Seaman
All good. I could had went and even did look at the tritoons. Ultimately I decided on the deck boat for a couple reasons. I felt like I had my "feel" for the pontoon style and wanted to get the traditional hull back under me. I also didn't like trailering the pontoon as well as I do the deck boat. The toon seemed to catch too much wind over 50 mph. I live over 45 mins away from the lake and I refuse to pay slip prices here. So ultimately I think I will enjoy my decision. Either way, they make both styles everyday, so I can always swap back if the Tahoe doesn't sit well this season.

ron nh

Cadet
I'll give em this too. i've taken both in the ocean as well. deck boat was much better out there.

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer
We have a 24 ft er with a 90 hp Mercury two stroke. It's an 07 StarCraft two logs. With four people in it,( we usually only have two people ) I can get 22 mph (GPH) @ 4800 rpm's, I usually only run around 16 MPH.Not in a hurry. I usually keep the motor at 3600 RPM's. It has 26 inch logs. Anyway to get the best performance I have the top down and the front door open, less drag..