spring

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
here it is March 3rd, with spring right around the corner. they say there is light at the end of the tunnel,
well looking outside of my home, it will take a long time for all of this to melt away, the lake is frozen over the only thing going on there is ice fishing
and snowmobiles running the lake and river

2015%20snow%20005_zpshwd22mc7.jpg

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
junkman,
Just think of how invigorating that first dip in the lake will feel after the ice finally melts. ;-)

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
junkman,
Just think of how invigorating that first dip in the lake will feel after the ice finally melts. ;-)

you are right, and trust me I can't wait. I stocked up on items for the pontoon and I stocked up on fishing lures and baits. I am ready

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'm not much of a fisherman, so my pontooning is for tubing and swimming. Here in Alabama the lake is a little nippy for my southern blood until May. It's perfect in June and more like a hot tub in July and August. But we have transplanted Yankees who think the water is great any time the air temp is above 60.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
If I'm lucky, we'll have our last night below freezing tonight. Highs in my neighborhood are to be in the upper 60s for the next ten days, if you believe weather forecasters, and I don't.

wrench 3

Commander
Spring here must be getting close. I've had the Jeep in two wheel drive for the last three days in a row. :happy:

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
we still have a good bit of snow on the ground, so no shorts yet. it is going up in the 40s this week so it should start to melt. there is still around 18" of snow in my yard