Pontoon ladder

DaBasher

Recruit
I have just bought a 90 sun cruiser pontoon. This pontoon does not have a ladder. I was looking at getting the overtons 4 step telescoping removable ladder. This ladder has the highest weight rating I can find which is 400lbs. This ladder appears to support on the side pontoon. Was just wondering if a ladder that supports on the pontoon will dent or damage the pontoons ?

ahicks

Captain
I doubt highly it would dent. If scratches were a concern you could pop rivet something (carpet, wood, plastic) to the ladder where the ladder contacts the pontoon.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
make sure you have a lanyard between the toon railing and the ladder. its not fun diving in 15' of murky water looking for a removable folding ladder :facepalm:

glust

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a rigid ladder that I can install and it hooks on the deck of my door opening on the port side. I was concerned about the ladder hitting the toons and I took two bottoms from a pair of crutches. cut them down and mounted them on the back side of the ladder rungs. The rubber feet on the crutches rest on the toons and give it some cushion and also keep the ladder from trying to pull out of the hooks on the deck. I'll try to send along a pic.