Customizing a pontoon

Hey guys/gals.
Had a 24 sweetwater years ago, sold a little sports car and just bought a 24 Party Barge (fishing) Doing a lot of custom mods, add on's, upgrades to the stereo and wanted to see some of you guys set ups to get some more ideas.
If you would, post some photos of some mods you have done, and especially LED/rope lighting or side add on lights for night. Looking for idea's and would enjoy seeing what you all have done with your pontoon.
Thanks.
LUKE
Little River Motorsports.

jweckley

Cadet
No Title

I have done a few things to mine. I added a Bimini top and added lights to it. I also reworked the rails to fit my style a little better. I also converted the Bimini Top from a stock attachment to a free stranding with only 2 connection points as my side doors were in the way of the front attachment point.

Attachments

• photo206517.jpg
    photo206517.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo206525.jpg
    photo206525.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jweckley. How long were those led strips. That looks great. :)
So far,, Have add a VHF, mounted the antenna on the top light bar poll, Lowrance 7 hdi plays double duty off the bass boat, and XM can plug into the radio that is there.
4 JL Audio 6.5s 700W 5 channel kicker amp, and Kenwood 10" free air sub.
4 Kenwood, 6.5s facing forward off the front and runing those off a cheaper Pyle 1000w amp, you get about 60w RMS per speaker so its enough when we're sand baring. Like a rear view mirror so bought a trucker style spot mirror and mounted it off the side rail where it won't bother the top when I drop it.
Having the end cussions recovered and going with rope light on the inside and leds on the out but if any of you guys/gals have some photos of how you mounted the LED's on the side and what it looks like PLEASE post some photos. Want to see how they reflect and look at night.
Had to take the front door off but mounted a 80 pound Minn Kota Copilot on the front and a electric anchor control box i'm going to run the wires back to the CC so I don't have to get up to drop and pick up anchor. Just move the boat around. Added twin 18W LED work lights for night off the front.
Thanks.

Last edited:

jweckley

Cadet
I have only had the lights in since the 4th of July. I ordered a 50/50 triple color water proof kit from Amazon like $35 hardestpart was fishing the wires throught he top. They are awesome when cleaning up the boat after dark flip on white and you can see and get it cleaned up no problem.