Water in the pontoons

Fatbs

Seaman
I can hear water in my pontoons. I am not sure it is in both or just one. Is there a reason for this? I have lowered the front end and raised the front end and no water comes out. Is the water suppose to be there and if not how would i get it out.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Water shouldn't be in there.Is it water or fuel you here?Are there drains or are you hoping water will come out the leaks.
If there are leaks standing water may not come out there. In the water the pressure is higher and and the water pressure
may distort the tube enough to leak.There may be access holes in the top of the tubes.
The tubes may be compartmentized so water doesn't flow.
ABSOLUTLY DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INTRODUCE PRESSURE INTO THE TUBES.

lncoop

Vice Admiral
If you hear water in the toons you're leaking. It happens. Not the end of the world though. It's just a matter of pressure testing to find the leaks then welding them closed. Any competent aluminum welder can do it and it's not terribly expensive (probably a couple c notes). You'd most likely save a few bucks if you pressure tested them yourself and marked the leaks.

Illinoid

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I heard some in my left toon this morning so I jacked up the front and siphoned it out of the rear through an access hole in the top I used a cheap squeeze bulb siphon. Will check before each use and take to the welding shop for repairs during the slow winter season.