What electronic or electrical changes did you make or add to your Pontoon boat

JOLLYTOON

Cadet
When I got my new to me used boat I changed out the stereo the old one was dead. Added dual bateries,
Added a three bank Promariner charger. Replacing the old Eagle fish finder with the Hds-7 I just purchased.
And now adding dual docking lights.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Just purchased one myself,along with new deck seating and helm,I'll be installing what you did,plus led strip lights on the interior. Also a good fire ext,flares,pfd's.

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class
New Radio and speakers, and depth finder.
Both were replacements for non working units.
OH, and a trolling motor.

Lot of mods to the toon. Still working on it but VHF radio, Transducer, power cord and mount for the Lowrance 7 hdi I can swap off the bass boat. Added two Cree LED 18W work lights for night vision in the front. Already had two standard flood lights, but mounted them on the side rails where GF can turn them directional if needed.
80 pound Minn Kota, Copilot with remote. 24v. Ran 4 gauge wire up to the front. Electric anchor wench. Its mounted but going to splice in the wiring and put controls on the dash where I don't have to move to drop and raise anchor. Heck of a stereo . 4 JL Audio 6.5's , one 10' Kenwood free air sub, run off a kicker marine 5 ch 700w amp. Mounting 2 kenwood 6.5 speakers in the front of the toon run off the radio for when we're in the water. Used the vhf am/fm box where the vhf antenna will be my FM antenna if I want to listen to FM. Kinda like my xm.
Mounted 14 40" led light strips yesterday. Blue ... Travel with the job, thats next week project wiring them in. . VHF antenna is mounted on the light bar poll on the top. 3 foot steel.
Have not started on the inside LEDs but will have at least 3 on the floor, and jury still out on the top mount. Seen some I liked but not sure I want that yet.
Installed XM I swap back and forth on everything, external speaker for the vhf. 3 bank battery charger. New livewell pump, .
Mine is a 08 24 foot party barge fishing with the two seats in the front. Bought it for 9g. With the LEDs and what described above I'm at the $3000 mark on mods with the new batterys and the one in the boat had to be replaced. Might end up running 4 with all the electronics I have on there. 24v trolling motor and two 12s to power the toys. Car hauler, run out of Brunswick GA but added a rear view mirror of the railings where it would not bother the top and I like being able to see behind me without having to turn around. Been into the offshore thing with the Fountain and had one on there. Have a couple of the front chair side boxes that hold the speakers being recovered then I can finish out the stereo. Added two flip switch toggle switches ( lighted) for the LEDs in the dash just to the right of the XM. Having fun dolling her up. . Did have to remove the front door where the trolling motor will fit but thats one thing I don't have to deal with so liking the change there. .
Bass boats loaded down with LED and electroncs , inside the race trailer is a light show and the dock looks like a runway. We have fun customizing everything like we want it.

Last edited:

Old Screwball

Petty Officer 1st Class
New stereo, vhf radio, second battery, 2 tube inflaters, inverter. When I installed the second battery I took all electronics, lights, and converter off the start battery and put them all on the second. If I run that battery dead, I can still start the boat.