My New (To Me) Boat

pmassey31545

Seaman
Well, after several fights with my old boat motor, several attempted repairs, a lot of down time and loads of aggravation, I finally had all I could stand. I poured a lot of money into the old motor trying to get it right. I have other threads that discuss some of my issues so I will not go in to detail. Suffice to say I could just not get it right.

So on Thursday, 3 weeks ago today I made my final attempt at getting the ole girl going. I had a plan. I had cleaned the carbs. Replaced the bulb. New 1 gallon of gas/oil mix with Chemtool B12 cleaner and ran it through the carbs. She was running good on ears at high RPM's but just wouldn't idle right. So I thought well, maybe it's just the gas/carbs cleaner. Tomorrow I will get some fresh gas and take her to the lake to try her out.

I decided before I do to lube everything down good-steering, joints, etc. So I get my son to trim the motor up and what do you know it won't come down. Long story short, the trim motor went bad and for me it was the final straw.

So Friday I went to looking for a boat and found one I thought was pretty nice. It was about 2 hours from where I live and was advertised for $8500. I spoke to the guy and he agreed on $7500.

I just wanted to ask everyone what they thought (Show off) and see if y'all think I got a good deal. Again, this was for the boat, motor and trailer. Really couldn't pass it up.

Specs:
2007 Sweetwater 2186FS3 Pontoon
2007 (06/06) Yamaha T60 Four stroke-Ran diagnostics on it after we owned it for 2 weeks-shows 147 hours total!!! We put at least 10 on it in 4 days of use.
2007 Load King trailer-In great shape

Has a nice Jensen marine stereo with 4 speakers, 10 inch sub and 2 amps. Bimini top in good shape. No tears in seats. Some sunburn on seats but not too bad. Carpet looks good but could use a cleaning. No dents in walls or pontoons. Has an older model fish finder. Aerator/live well. He also included 7 life jackets and a small towable tube. All in all I think is was a pretty good deal. So, what does the community think???

Attachments

• photo204848.jpg
    photo204848.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo204849.jpg
    photo204849.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

ahicks

Captain
Unless the upholstery is whipped, I'd say you got a very good deal. Almost a year ago, bought about the same boat w/Honda power and no trailer for way more than what you paid for that one!