Veranda pontoon?? anyone know these?

dpeslinger

Seaman Apprentice
Nowdays theres probably not a great big difference in pontoons as long as your comparing apples to apples. Im looking at a new Veranda. Don't know anyone that has one of these. built in hot springs, AR. I talked today to a company rep and he called my local dealer. they offered me what appears to be a really good price on a new tritoon. anyone know these boats? Yamaha motors.

mshet

Recruit
Re: Veranda pontoon?? anyone know these?

I just purchased a new Veranda V2275. The fact that there is no plywood and the all aluminum flooring is what sold me. I've taken mine out twice now and love it.

dpeslinger

Seaman Apprentice

The 2275 f4 is what im looking at too. Is your 3 logs? what motor?

mshet

Recruit

I have the Relax series with two logs and the Yamaha F90. Real stable going across the bay.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

I've seen the Veranda at boat shows. They're a small company without the benefits of scale that the Benningtons, Harris, Manitou and Premier have. I don't remember that much about them other than the quality of the welding was not very impressive.

But when you get down to it, aluminum is aluminum, and pontoons are somewhat generic. It's the quality of the seating, carpeting and fencing that makes a difference.

The most popular sizes right now are the 22-24' tritoons with lifting strakes on the hull--with a 150 hp motor. I personally prefer the Yamaha F150, but the new Mercury 150 FourStroke would be great ($2K cheaper). That boat would be very seaworthy and capable of 40 mph speeds.

dpeslinger

Seaman Apprentice

I did notice the welds were not that pretty.
wish it was possible to get a straight and simple answer to the question, who make the best pontoon for the money, based on facts not opinions. :facepalm:

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer

I did notice the welds were not that pretty.
wish it was possible to get a straight and simple answer to the question, who make the best pontoon for the money, based on facts not opinions. :facepalm:

Who do you think would be able to give you a professional answer here. We already have our pontoon boats. We all did our home work and we all picked different boats.

Who do you think would be able to give you a professional answer here. We already have our pontoon boats. We all did our home work and we all picked different boats.

+1

It is all in your personal taste. As you and many others here have stated most pontoons are of good quality and the choice comes down to what layout and interior materials you prefer. It's just like cars and trucks in the fact some have certain downfalls. For instance my toon doesn't have a rear gate or rear ladder but the benefit I get is that means the fence is set back and I have a casting deck on the front.

Last edited:

dpeslinger

Seaman Apprentice

+1

It is all in your personal taste. As you and many others here have stated most pontoons are of good quality and the choice comes down to what layout and interior materials you prefer. It's just like cars and trucks in the fact some have certain downfalls. For instance my toon doesn't have a rear gate or rear ladder but the benefit I get is that means the fence is set back and I have a casting deck on the front.

EXACTLY!! It is personal taste and we are all different. BUT........ I had hoped for fact based observations about this boat.
(never used the word professional SILVER EAGLE) Just for info based on personal experience.

dpeslinger

Seaman Apprentice

and BTW RICHARD PRINCE........ "the boat hates me so i dont take it out anymore"... LOL

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

I love this statement. I just came in from my inaugural trip for the year, and oh it was great. Not too hot and not too cool. But it was wavy and windy--tough to get back in the boathouse. I had to cut the trip short when I forgot my state license was left at home.

Most of the best selling brands of pontoons/tritoons have 3-4 different priced lines/models of pontoons. I would prefer to be in a Bennington, Manitou, Harris, Premier, Tahoe or South Bay boat--even if it's one of their cheaper lines. The seats and fencing's usually all the difference anyway. And to me, they're great values.

dpeslinger

Seaman Apprentice

Still looking. I am leaning VERY hard to the veranda. that lifetime transferable warranty is unmatched by any competitor. but. I hate the livewell!! :facepalm: