Flip flop seat livewell

mesajeeper

Seaman
I will be rebuilding my pontoon in a couple of weeks and have a few questions. First, I would like to purchase a flip/flop seat as my only fixed furniture on the deck. I see the flip/flop seat from pontoon stuff dot com has a drain the bottom. I would like to make this into a livewell for my bait. Has anyone purchased one of these seats and would the base be suitable for this? I know the tank will not be huge but I currently use an ice chest that is even smaller. The plan would be to mount a pump on the rear of the toon with a hose to fill the tank. The drain would just be gravity fed. Any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to spend the $259 and then find out the seat is not sturdy enough to work as a live well.

Thanks

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Flip flop seat livewell

I will be rebuilding my pontoon in a couple of weeks and have a few questions. First, I would like to purchase a flip/flop seat as my only fixed furniture on the deck. I see the flip/flop seat from pontoon stuff dot com has a drain the bottom. I would like to make this into a livewell for my bait. Has anyone purchased one of these seats and would the base be suitable for this? I know the tank will not be huge but I currently use an ice chest that is even smaller. The plan would be to mount a pump on the rear of the toon with a hose to fill the tank. The drain would just be gravity fed. Any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to spend the $259 and then find out the seat is not sturdy enough to work as a live well.

Thanks

Im not SURE about that seat by my factory seat is set up exactly like you are looking for,

Maybe call them and ask to be sure.

fergusmj

Cadet
Re: Flip flop seat livewell

I believe there are a few builds if you look at that pontoon stuff forum where people used those seats as livewells.