Seat cushion quality - Premier vs. others

Bob1958

Seaman Apprentice
Premier pontoons use a nano block vinyl that's supposed to resist staining. It seems okay but it also seems that the quality of the stitching isn't up to par with the Bennington and Aqua Patio cushions that I've looked at. I've been looking at new pontoons and it seems like it's going to come down to the seating comfort more than anything else. Does anyone here have any experience with the Premier cushions in regard to quality and comfort?

TurboM700

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Seat cushion quality - Premier vs. others

Not sure if this helps at all. But last yr the Premier dealer by my cabin sold 110 premier pontoons and 4 bennington. There quality of seats and stitching must be up to par.

The Woo Woo Kid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

FWIW, Premier claims the uv blockers in their seats can withstand being out in the Florida sun constantly for 5 years. I looked at Premiers, sat on their seats and they felt top notch.

However, I went with a used Suntracker toon instead. Lifting strakes, fat toons and such made my decision. After seeing how fast and how gas efficient strakes are I'm glad I got them.

Last edited:

jetboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just bought a new Premeir in July. I had an 04 Sanpan and went looking at new boats--my dealer sells Sanpans, AquaPatios, and Premier. I also looked at Bennington.

We liked the Premier hands down over the new Sanpan and Aqua Patios. The upholstry was one factor---to us it looked much nicer on the Premier and they are the only ones with the nanoblock technology which blocks UV and nearly all stains (even things like Sharpie pen marks just wipe off). I still treat the seats with 303 Protectant which is a UV inhibitor just to be sure.

Godfrey (who makes Sanpan, Aqua Patio, and Sweetwater) was a family owned company when we bought the 04-- it was top of the line back then. Since then, the family sold the company to a large corporation and IMHO, the quality isn't the same as it once was.

Premier is still a family owned company and I think it shows in the quality of their boats.

Benningtons are very nice but i think they have become very pricey in the past few years for their quality compared to Premier and other brands.

Last edited:

Bob1958

Seaman Apprentice

I just bought a new Premeir in July. I had an 04 Sanpan and went looking at new boats--my dealer sells Sanpans, AquaPatios, and Premier. I also looked at Bennington.

We liked the Premier hands down over the new Sanpan and Aqua Patios. The upholstry was one factor---to us it looked much nicer on the Premier and they are the only ones with the nanoblock technology which blocks UV and nearly all stains (even things like Sharpie pen marks just wipe off). I still treat the seats with 303 Protectant which is a UV inhibitor just to be sure.

Godfrey (who makes Sanpan, Aqua Patio, and Sweetwater) was a family owned company when we bought the 04-- it was top of the line back then. Since then, the family sold the company to a large corporation and IMHO, the quality isn't the same as it once was.

Premier is still a family owned company and I think it shows in the quality of their boats.

Benningtons are very nice but i think they have become very pricey in the past few years for their quality compared to Premier and other brands.
What model Premier did you get? I'm looking at a Sunsation 24 ft., a leftover 2013 and also a 2014 Aqua Patio that costs about $5,000 more but comes with more options, just not $5,000 worth. So, it all comes down to the seat quality. You've had one full season with the Premier - are you satisfied the way the seats have held up so far?

jetboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We wound up with the Solaris RF 2500--- our dealer had sold out of all the Sunsations he had. I think the Solaris and Sunsation are very similar except for different seating configuration options between the two.

We're very happy with it and the seats have held up great---they still look like new and are very comfortable--i did go over them with 303 when we brought it home (like I have all my boats over the years) so that may have helped keep them looking good. Anything spilled on them just wipes off and even dried bird droppings come off easliy with just a little simple green and a paper towel and leave no marks at all.

Aqua Patios are very nice boats and my dealer had several nice ones in stock but we just liked the Premier better. As far as build quality, Godfrey and Premier both do a great job-- the aluminum understructure, the wiring, the accessories are similar quality on both brands. We did notice some stiching on the seats on the Godfreys that our dealer had in stock that wasn't totally straight but the main thing was our dealer, who's sold Godfrey's for 20 years and just started selling Premier a few years ago recommended the Premier over the Godfrey----he said the customer service from Premier if you ever needed anything was like "Godfrey used to be".

He still sellls Godfrey because Sanpan, Aqua Patio, and Sweetwaters are very popular but he said he likes the Premiers better if comparing boats at the same "price point". I dont know if he makes more $$ on the Premiers but I've bought 3 boats from him over the years and he winterizes and stores mine every year so I've gotten to know him and trust him.

I really dont think you can go wrong with either brand---I'd go with whichever has the layout,colors, and options you want at the best price--either one will last 15-20 years and both will have good resale value if you ever decide to get rid of it or trade it in.

Good luck with your shopping!

Last edited:

Bob1958

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the information. The Sweetwater seats are too narrow for my liking, but other than that it's just like the Aqua Patio. The San Pan is a really nice boat but has pricey options that I don't need. What I'll do is look at both Aqua Patio and Premier boats one more time and try to get the best deal I can, which should be pretty good in late November and December.

jetboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the information. The Sweetwater seats are too narrow for my liking, but other than that it's just like the Aqua Patio. The San Pan is a really nice boat but has pricey options that I don't need. What I'll do is look at both Aqua Patio and Premier boats one more time and try to get the best deal I can, which should be pretty good in late November and December.

Welcome!

Keep us posted on what you get!