What ladder to purchase?

NCTom

Recruit
Hi, I own a 24' Sun Tracker Party Barge and need a boarding ladder. I have been looking at side mounted/removable folding ladders or maybe front mounted ladders to be considered for when you beach boat.

Please advise which is better and pros and cons. Also don't want ro spend a lot of money, in other words I want my cake and eat it to.

Thanks.:confused:

Malibu Rudder

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: What ladder to purchase?

I would recommend a rear mounted ladder especially for beach purposes. If people load via the water at least more sand is washed off before hitting your boat. Google Pontoon Ladders and you will see all types. Invest in a nice ladder because they take some beating. Make sure it will support the weight necessary for your guests. I have the type that folds up tot he play pen but you will need to research the best one for you. I personally like the idea of the stow away ones below the deck but some people have mentioned it being easier to forget to put the ladder before pulling away. I hope this helps. :)

OK Toon

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: What ladder to purchase?

When we beach, we find it easier to use a foldup step stool, like this Step Stool/Working Platform. We put it outside of the side gate. That way we step up onto the step stool and clean the sand off our feet before getting onto the boat.

For deep water access, we have a rear mounted ladder on our boat.