Tubes dipping

Ho daddy

Cadet
I'm having a problem with the front of my toon dipping when anyone over two hundred comes within a foot and a half of the front edge of the deck which extends to the ends of my tubes, all of my weight is at the rear of my boat with the exception of a 70lb thrst minkota eng. I have been told to install a center tube to correct my problem,I don't want to cut mydecking back so I would greatly appreciate any help.......my demns are14'x8'x19"(tubes)
Thx very much
Ho daddy

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tubes dipping

19" is a pretty small tube there sure isn't much flotation in the first 18 or 20 inches.
Maybe there is water in the tubes?Was the boat always with the deck all the way to the front?
Have you tried trimming the motor up?
This is probably a hair brain idea but:: Maybe you can jack the boat up just enough to take the weight off the tubes,
loosen all the fasteners and slide the tubes and all forward maybe 12".
There is a product called a "water glide".Works like a 3rd tube don't know if it would help your problem but it will add flotation
it appears the toon will run almost like a runabout. Of course if your running a 10hp or something thats beside the point.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

With 19 inch tube their isnt much you can do but add a third tube.

Ho daddy

Cadet

Thanks,I wish the guy that sold me the kit would have forseen this ...2-24's cheaper than 3-19's or maybe he did.