Spotlight Mounting Point

mr geets

Petty Officer 3rd Class
:joyous:I have a remote controlled spotlight for my pontoon boat. From what I hear, it should be as high as possible but reflect as little light as possible to preserve night vision. I have the usual bimini top. My firts idea was to mount it up front on the deck ahead of the fence. Any thoughts?

Malibu Rudder

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Spotlight Mounting Point

I would suggest carrying a hand held and using it when necessary. You cannot run across the lake with it on and only should be used for quick spotting. I would not mount it for lake purposes. But......if you are going to mount it, adapt a bracket to attach to your bimini cradle. I would attach a wheel to it so you can move it up and down the pole and easily remove it when you want to bring the bimini down. There are others on here who can provide better suggestions but this is a start.

cooterdude

Seaman Apprentice

i put a small square driving light on my pontoon on the console it is attached with a long carrage bolt running through a 3" section of pvc pipe i double nuted the carrage bold with just enough tension to hold the light in place i can move it 180 deg and swivel the head up and down the problem i have with it is attracts every bug in a 3 mile radius if i were you id mount your remote spot as far away from people as possible that way the bugs will be far away from them
you could maby mount it on a flag pole type deal that will fit into a bass seat bracket that way you can take it down for trailering

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Just remember that when using that light that while you may not be blinded, oncoming boaters may be.