Upholstery & changing room/potty questions about a 2008 bentley 240 cruise pontoon

EMPTYNESTERS

Cadet
Upholstery & changing room/potty questions about a 2008 bentley 240 cruise pontoon

I've just purchased a very nice 2008 Bentley Pontoon boat with a 115 hp Mercury and I'm curious as to why when we sit on the seats Cushions or even put our hands on the cushions With some pressure it stays Indented for a period of time and slowly comes back to the correct form or the Contour of the cushion???
it's like it's very slow motion memory foam or something
but I'm not sure if I have an issue with that upholstery foam being wet or if this is the way it's supposed to be So that the cushion last longer???

Also
the boat didn't come with a pop-up changing room Built into it
And with a wife, three daughters and a female dog, I'm extremely outnumbered and in need of somewhere for them to relieve themselves
so my idea is to get one of these portable pop-up type Vertical type of changing room and put the Porta potty inside there as needed???
has anyone ever had any experience with an enclosure such as this or is there something I don't Know about that could be added onto my pontoon boat in order to create a changing room like around where the back stairs are or in the corner of the boat???
Any help would be appreciated!!!
thanks

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Upholstery & changing room/potty questions about a 2008 bentley 240 cruise pontoo

Re: Upholstery & changing room/potty questions about a 2008 bentley 240 cruise pontoo

Thats the way the foam is, and a simple shower curtain with hooks, hung up works well and stores easily.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander

Also the boat didn't come with a pop-up changing room Built into it
And with a wife, three daughters and a female dog, I'm extremely outnumbered and in need of somewhere for them to relieve themselves
so my idea is to get one of these portable pop-up type Vertical type of changing room and put the Porta potty inside there as needed???
has anyone ever had any experience with an enclosure such as this or is there something I don't Know about that could be added onto my pontoon boat in order to create a changing room like around where the back stairs are or in the corner of the boat???
thanks
I added a changeroom/toilet to my old Starcraft. It worked out well for me. Details in the link in my signature. - Grandad

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I've just purchased a very nice 2008 Bentley Pontoon boat with a 115 hp Mercury and I'm curious as to why when we sit on the seats Cushions or even put our hands on the cushions With some pressure it stays Indented for a period of time and slowly comes back to the correct form or the Contour of the cushion???
it's like it's very slow motion memory foam or something
but I'm not sure if I have an issue with that upholstery foam being wet or if this is the way it's supposed to be So that the cushion last longer???

Also
the boat didn't come with a pop-up changing room Built into it
thanks

Most changing rooms are under the sun pad, do you have a sun pad? You can shop around and find changing rooms on the different boating store sites. We put an electric porta-potti in ours.

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer

We use a portipotty from a pop up we used to have and we put an milk crate under it to get it off of the floor. .The boat came with a changing room. It's located where the rear gate would be..

EMPTYNESTERS

Cadet

Thanks so much for the replies about the changing room and Porta potty the issue of having something totally totally enclosed & private like a built-in changing room My Previous crest PONTOON BOAT had would be is that we are fortunate enough to have a lot of women doing a lot of drinking on or pontoon boat so they go a lot!!!

So I think I'm going to go with one of those pop up vertical looking chance as a changing room it just seems to be a bit wider than I need it to be.
The reason they tell me it doesn't have a changing room is because I have the ski bar on the boat that takes up a lot of the room In front of the engine And I'll ponder the sun pad
but I would really prefer to have the changing room where the ladder is behind the driver seat and just a Affordable ladder going out the side of the boat???
I wish that were an add on option somewhere???

but has anyone got any suggestions ideas about why UPHOLSTERY seems to stay flat or wrinkled up after its sat or stood upon and take a little while to fill back up and look normal???
I'm not quite sure if that's natural or if it's some sort of memory foam or the foam has gotten wet up under there before and slow reacting to getting back in the correct form???
IT'S ACTUALLY DRIVING THE WIFE MORE CRAZY THAN IT IS ME!!!

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

I don't know much about how the foam is made, but I also have a Bentley (2007) and the foam is somewhat slow to return to it's original shape. It's not like furniture at home, which returns to it's natural shape almost immediately. This is especially true if pressure is applied in a small area, such as leaning as hand on the seat or standing on the seat briefly. But I see no problem with this, as my seats have retained their shape well over 6 years. Matter of fact, they still look and feel like new..