Anchor winch pedistal?

gpfishingdude

Chief Petty Officer
I am thinking about making a pedestal to mount the anchor winch on, so that the line will feed through the railing on the stern side. The old Bass Buggy has railing and fencing all the way around and the bimini top rests on the top rail so the anchor line needs to feed between the top and next rail down. I'm thinking something like a seat or table pedestal and bracing it from the side to help strengthen it. Maybe even bolt a plate to it and to the corner railings. I was going to mount it to the deck but it would be a lot handier up off the floor anyway.

gpfishingdude

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Anchor winch pedistal?

I got a heavy piece of aluminum plate and after I bolted it on top of the side and rear rails, it is sturdy enough to hold the winch. These ATV winches wind the line in at super slow speed but the good news is that they have a knob on the side for dropping the anchor in free fall mode. So at least they don't grind all the way down too. My wife said that if I make up any more stupid winch jokes she will ban me from working on the boat but I noticed that she laughed at them.