Table Top

TERRYCLARK

Cadet
I've got a painted plywood table top that has padding around the edge that matches the seats. I can't get the paddling clean and it looks like Hell ( only part of the pontoon that looks crappy ). I'm thinking about replacing it with Marble/Kitchen Counter Top ( not covered pressboad ). Has anybody tried this?

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Table Top

i was thinking about doing something similar to this. I have an extra bottom from a boat table that takes like 8 screws, and then has an opening to insert the table shaft. Depending on the material it might be too heavy though for a single shaft....wouldn't want it falling over and taking out someones toes. i might look for some kind thick plastic board that i could cut into the shape i want.

OK Toon

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I've got a painted plywood table top that has padding around the edge that matches the seats. I can't get the paddling clean and it looks like Hell ( only part of the pontoon that looks crappy ). I'm thinking about replacing it with Marble/Kitchen Counter Top ( not covered pressboad ). Has anybody tried this?

Have you tried to clean the padding with a Miracle Eraser? Those things work great to get most things clean.

TERRYCLARK

Cadet

There is no danger of falling, its the top over the frig. I plan on gluing it.

TERRYCLARK

Cadet

I tried with super strong cleaner and a scrubber, it's coming loose from the plywood where water got in and around it.

Okieboatguy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Rust-Oleum makes a Vinyl spray paint that supposedly works really well. I often find myself over in the restoration forums since I am also restoring an old Bayliner, and I have read posters use the vinyl spray paint to either change or restore vinyl with great success. Usually this has been a temporary measure so it may buy you some time to figure out exactly what you want. My 2 cents.