Cleat Locations

Cubbyblue22

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi everyone, we've got the railings installed and furniture and I started to think where am I going to put a rope tie off in the rear section of the boat. The railings are covering most of the wood that I can put a cleat on and I'm not a huge fan of putting a tie rope on the actual railings itself but if that's my only option I will. Where is everyone elses tie off in there rear section of the boat??

Re: Cleat Locations

Mine is between the fencing and the edge of the deck and it is a pain in the bottom. I have to get on my knees then stick the upper half of my body through the railing to use the one on the starboard side. I believe i would have to jump in the lake to use the one on the port side*because of the couch that is on that side

BobGinCO

Chief Petty Officer

I would say do NOT put your cleat on the fence/railing! Find a place you can reach (over the railing) that is bolted through the deck!

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I use D ring and a snap clip on the lifting eye on the front and ran a rope from the back eye through the toon brackets up to where I can easily reach it for the back tie off also with a D ring and a snap clip.

Cubbyblue22

Petty Officer 1st Class

Probably a smart idea, I do have a U-bolt that goes through the frame on the back that is mainly going to be used for tubing but I can also use it to tie up for docking. Re-building an older toon with today's railings is quite difficult for space lol.