• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fish Finder Installation on Pontoon

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Finder Installation on Pontoon

I am trying to install a fish finder on to my 2011 Sun Tracker Party Barge. Can anyone post any pics of how they hooked theirs up electrically? I am going to mount the transducer on the bracket at the back of one of the pontoons. I will probably put the fish finder where one of the cup holders are on the dashboard and run the cables through it. Did you just tie into the fuse box and if so, how? pic?

Re: Fish Finder Installation on Pontoon

Thos enormally have and inline fuse of there won and they draw a very small amount of power so you can really hook it into anything on the fuse box, just make sure it isn't on a key activated item.

Everyone I have seen is just 2 wires, + and-, can't get easier than that.
    GO IRISH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jfreeman0674 View Post
      I am trying to install a fish finder on to my 2011 Sun Tracker Party Barge. Can anyone post any pics of how they hooked theirs up electrically?
      I just installed a fish-finder a couple weeks ago on my new Sun Tracker Bass Buggy... I bought a new battery for my trolling motor, and just hooked the fish-finder up to it... Here's a picture of my battery under the console... The yellow wire is the inline fuse for the fish-finder.

I am going to mount the transducer on the bracket at the back of one of the pontoons.
      That's where I mounted mine!... I searched the Internet on where to mount it, and several threads came from this Forum... That's how I found out about this place, So I registered to be a member!... What a great place!!!

I will probably put the fish finder where one of the cup holders are on the dashboard and run the cables through it.
      Did you just tie into the fuse box and if so, how? pic?
      That's where I mounted my fish-finder... I drilled a hole through the top of the console where my fish-finder base would be mounted... The wires come up in the bottom of the base and you can't see them!

I drilled a hole in the ''floor under the console'' for the transducer cable to come up through... All wires are hidden!

I can take a picture of my fish-finder later today.
      John 3:16

2013 Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 18 DLX.
      1978 S-14' Lund Aluminum V-Bottom
      1978 Elgin 12' Aluminum V-Bottom

Comment

I was hoping to install this without taking the boat out of the water but I don't think I will be able to mount the transducer unless I us marine grade adhesive. My batteries are mounted in the back of the boat so I have to run the cables to there. Unfortunately the Elite-4x did not come with an inline fuse so I will have to pick one up. I may just wait until I get a trolling motor and pull the boat out and install it all at once.

Comment

I was hoping to install this without taking the boat out of the water but I don't think I will be able to mount the transducer unless I us marine grade adhesive. My batteries are mounted in the back of the boat so I have to run the cables to there. Unfortunately the Elite-4x did not come with an inline fuse so I will have to pick one up. I may just wait until I get a trolling motor and pull the boat out and install it all at once.
          You dont happen to live near me, do you? I just did mine last week. I chose to mount mine on the front corner of the console in front of the windshield. I love it there. I wired mine to an accessory switch on the dash that came with the boat.
          ● 2012 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22' DLX | 60HP Mercury BigFoot
          ● 1965 GMC
          ● Favorite boating spot: Lake Berryessa, Napa, CA
          sigpic

Comment

It looks like the accessory switch has some extra connections on it already so I may attach to that. I don't know if I want to run the fish finder off the main battery, although, I don't think it pulls much power anyway. Right now my biggest problem is having to take it out of the water to mount the transducer.

Comment

Your fish finder should say the wattage. I think mine is like 60 watts. The power is all in the transducer. Mine has a low voltage alarm so the finder will alert me if the battery gets low. I imagine it's a pretty common feature.
              ● 2012 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22' DLX | 60HP Mercury BigFoot
              ● 1965 GMC
              ● Favorite boating spot: Lake Berryessa, Napa, CA
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X