Bunk slides for the pontoon trailer?

gpfishingdude

Chief Petty Officer
Have any of you tried the 1/2"x5"x54" bunk slides on a pontoon trailer and how did they work for you. I wondered if being a half inch thick caused any problems with the way the boat sits on the trailer or anything? Do they stay on tight if you screw them down over the carpet or do I need to cut the carpet out to mount them? Any other problems you have with them? Still undecided as which would be better for me these or the wrap arounds.

BobGinCO

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bunk slides for the pontoon trailer?

I've read in the reviews, that the screws they ship with them are too short.

But I'm going to be adding them to my trailer soon.

gpfishingdude

Chief Petty Officer

When I was asking I forgot that I intend to just use them towards the front of the bunk boards that is why I was asking about problems with the boat sitting uneven on the trailer. Can they just be added to towards the front? I added longer bunk boards to the trailer and that is why the boat doesn't slide off very easily. Good point about needing the longer screws. Thanks

5150abf

Vice Admiral

The only thing I would worry about is the tubes are hollow and at a 1/2'' thick they may dent into the tubes and make grooves where it slides onto the trailer.

I would go with the wraps, they support the whole tube with no risk of damage.

ROBBSRACING

Cadet

I used the ones that cover the 2X4 on mine and couldnt be happier.

2012-04-15_09-46-56_647 (Large).jpg

old jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wrap arounds, what wrap arounds? 5150 could yoy provide a website
for that product. Thanks, old jim

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer

I have thye ones for 2x4's. Mine go full length. They look good but that's all I can say for them. When they get wet the boat still doesn't move. Still bneed water to move it. The ramp I use is very steep.

gpfishingdude

Chief Petty Officer

The URL below takes you to the product I used to give my tritoon toons a little distance from my carpet. I rebunked my trailer with treated wood, which is corrosive to aluminum, and will leach through the carpet and eventually destroy your toons.

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/T-D-86164/Boat+Trailer+Bunk+Slick+Kit,+10+piece.html

Larry
How thick are those and are they solid or molded with the pockets on the bottom? Did they make the bunks any slicker? I don't need them for insulation because I used the untreated wood. I don't really know if they will help mine slide but I want to try something.