Pontoon Slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

7lazy77

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 24' pontoon & have been considering installing a slide on it somehow. It does not have an upper deck & I haul it everytime I go to the lake. With this in mind, I would need to come up with a way to make it where it is easily setup & take down, but yet very sturdy. I would like to just get a playground slide, but don't have any idea how to brace it where it is secure. Anybody else make their own slide??? Any ideas on where to start or any pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Insteada

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Pontoon Slide

******** has an inflatable for pontoons that is fun. I've slid down it. Pretty solid.

http://www.********.com/modperl/prod...e&merchID=4005

Whoops. Guess you can't say the name of that website that sells marine items I didn't check to see if iBoats had it as well but if they do have one I'm sure it would be better than the other website I mistakenly posted.

MOD EDIT - And you can't do what you tried to do to circumvent OUR rules. :tsk: And we do! http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Ac...1--filter.prod_name?q=Rave PontoonSlide&s=std

Old Screwball

Petty Officer 1st Class

I 'acquired' a "Little Tykes" 5' plastic slide. Neighbor's dog ate the bottom step so they were throwing it away. I'm going to fabricate a bracket for the rear fence, and another for the rear swim step. Slide should be about a foot above the water. It is primarily for my granddaughter. Unfortunately I have the slide here in California and the boat is in the garage at our vacation house on the Colorado river in Arizona. Going back in 3 weeks, should have it finished and I'll take pictures.

rschap1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

slide.jpg

Just tow this behind ya...
I use a 12 volt pump, deep cycle battery, and solar charger for my kids' slide
:)
There was a double decker out on our lake last week with a slide.
LOADED With kids having a RIOT!!!!

Dragboatdad

Cadet

I 'acquired' a "Little Tykes" 5' plastic slide. Neighbor's dog ate the bottom step so they were throwing it away. I'm going to fabricate a bracket for the rear fence, and another for the rear swim step. Slide should be about a foot above the water. It is primarily for my granddaughter. Unfortunately I have the slide here in California and the boat is in the garage at our vacation house on the Colorado river in Arizona. Going back in 3 weeks, should have it finished and I'll take pictures.
Hi Steve, I also live in Ca and have a place in Mohave Valley Az. Is that anywhere close to your place? Tom

Old Screwball

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Steve, I also live in Ca and have a place in Mohave Valley Az. Is that anywhere close to your place? Tom
Absolutely, we are neighbors. Our house is about 12 miles up-river. As you are going up Arizona 95 through Bullhead City, our community is right behind the Terrible Herbst gas station. Turn left at the light, 1/4 mile to the gates and there we are. If you are on the river, our marina has an arched bridge at the entrance, we are about 4 miles down river from Laughlin. Small World!

Attachments

• Bullhead aerial 4.jpg
    Bullhead aerial 4.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 1

Dragboatdad

Cadet

Absolutely, we are neighbors. Our house is about 12 miles up-river. As you are going up Arizona 95 through Bullhead City, our community is right behind the Terrible Herbst gas station. Turn left at the light, 1/4 mile to the gates and there we are. If you are on the river, our marina has an arched bridge at the entrance, we are about 4 miles down river from Laughlin. Small World!
Steve, thanks for the response.
I know the area where you are but don't make it up that way on the water because I'm unfamiliar with the river in that area. I'm about 1/2 mile from the bridge in Needles, so we spend our time on the water, down river and on Havasu. So if you're down this way and see me on my boat in my avatar, say hello.
Thanks, Tom

Old Screwball

Petty Officer 1st Class

Will do! Usually when we run down toward Needles or into Topac we are on the Seadoos.... hell of a lot faster than the 'toon. I'll keep an eye out. Do you launch at Needles or Willow. Damn near bought a lot/house there a bunch of years ago. Probably should have, Bullhead is getting crowded.

Dragboatdad

Cadet

Will do! Usually when we run down toward Needles or into Topac we are on the Seadoos.... hell of a lot faster than the 'toon. I'll keep an eye out. Do you launch at Needles or Willow. Damn near bought a lot/house there a bunch of years ago. Probably should have, Bullhead is getting crowded.

We launch at Jack Smith in Needles. We are the only pontoon of our type around here so should be easy to spot us.
Look forward to meeting you some day, Tom

Hcozart

Recruit
Would love to see pics or more ideas on how to do this. Have the same yellow slide and thinking about doing the same thing

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Would love to see pics or more ideas on how to do this. Have the same yellow slide and thinking about doing the same thing

Hcozart This thread is old and inactive. Please review the rules about posting in old threads. Thanks.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.