bennington navigation light

hankhill

Cadet
I have a bennington 2010 24SLI TT . The red nav light is out, I heaven't seen it my boys borrowed the boat. I am going to the lake on saturday 4 hours a way, what do i need to fix it

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: bennington navigation light

Hopefully just a bulb, but there's no way to know for sure until you look at it. Can the boys not tell you anything? Fuse is unlikely since nav/anchor should all be on the same circuit. If it were the switch the green would be out too. Guess that just leaves bulb, broken wire or connection, or corrosion. Find out what bulb it needs and take a couple with you. Also take a couple of fuses in case you blow one, and take some basic eletrical tools; strippers, crimpers, connectors, tape; that sort of thing. My money's on a bulb though unless it took a hit from a dock or something; of course in that case it could still be the bulb.:rolleyes:

The Rooster

Ensign

I have a bennington 2010 24SLI TT . The red nav light is out, I heaven't seen it my boys borrowed the boat. I am going to the lake on saturday 4 hours a way, what do i need to fix it

Like "Coop" said, hopefully just a bulb. Quick story, I just had to replace the bulb for my red nav. light a month ago while on a midnight run. Local boat dealer didn't have any in stock, believe it was a 5 watt, but could order a 2-pack for $13.45. I commented he was out of his mind. He agreed, and pointed me to Autozone. $4.29 for the same 2-pack.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I assume if it is out it is not the LED ones and is in a fiberglass housing, there is either 2 screws on the light itself or if not you have to remove the screws holding it to the deck and lift that pod to get to it,I have walked right past a thousand of them but never really looked at how they were put together but either way it should just be a bulb.

rschele

Recruit

Hey, just had my brand spanking new 2274GL deliverd last Thursday. Went to take it out for second time 6 days later on Wednesday and guess what????.............. red nav light is not working. Hmmm, is there a trend beginning here??? What's Bennington got to say about this??

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Contact your dealer and I'm sure he will be glad to fix that, it is certainly under warranty.