Have question on painting fiberglass deck/pontoon boat with swimming pool paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bubba

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hello everyone,
Have a quick question for all of you. I have posted that my dad bought a 1992 Hybrid Odyssey deck/pontoon boat last week. Anyway, he is wanting to paint the hull of it but the Marine Grade paint is ridiculously high and wants to know if there is a cheaper alternative such as using maybe, my ideal, swimming pool paint. What is your suggestions for painting a fiberglass boat at a cheap price. I am painting it for him using a spray paint gun with air compressor.:confused:

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant
Re: Have question on painting fiberglass deck/pontoon boat with swimming pool paint?

I may be way wrong but i've painted a couple with automotive paint & the one i still see is holding up great, Its also used as a bow fishing gar rig so it sure isn't pampered! In fact heres a pic of it in for hull repair due to a hole in the bottom from a stump, Not a great pic or example of your type paint job but theres no paint really rubbed off from the brush its in on a regualar basis, I think the hardener is very important-

cccc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.