Sun tracker cover and motor issue

patrickerica

Cadet
We just got a new Suntracker and the cover is extremely difficult to snap on. We need to use a mallet to get the snaps to hold. As new boat owners we have no idea if this is typical, or do we need to ask the dealer to replace the cover. I would appreciate any advice.

Also, we got an 18 footer with a 75hp motor and since our lake is a bit shallow we have to trim the motor to dock it. But today in the wind, we couldn't get the momentum to dock it when trimmed, which meant the propeller was dragging a bit in the mud. Any solutions?

Thanks,

Erica

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Sun tracker cover and motor issue

Try putting chapstick on the male part of the snaps it helps with new ones and dropping the bimni for close manuring

Jeep Man

Commander

I've had no issue with mine. It's a factory cover but made by Dowco. They are on the web. Some guys use a little Vaseline on the snaps. Watch the mud. Those vent looking things on the sides of the lower end are the water intakes (unless the design has been changed on the latest models)

EricJRW

Chief Petty Officer

Without knowing your exact docking particulars, one piece of advice I can offer (that works for us on windy days) is that I get someone on the dock and then toss them a line. I can usually get my bow in pretty close, but windy days the stern likes to swing around (we have a covered dock with a sling). Having someone on an aft line, on the windy side, is a big help until the people on the boat can grab hold of the dock and pull it in.