Sun Tracker

forthetide2

Cadet
I hope the quality of their customer service doesn't represent the quality of their craftsmanship. I ordered a boat that was supposed to arrive over 10 days ago. I was told last Thursday that my boat was ready to go and in line to be shipped and it still hasn't been put on a truck as of today. What i've been able to find out from Sun Tracker is that when they get the boat ready it is shipped when the trucking company wants to ship it, that Sun Tracker has no control over what order the trucking company loads and ships the boats.... :facepalm: What a terrible policy they have.

The Rooster

Ensign
Re: Sun Tracker

Patience "Tide" patience. On the bright side, you're getting a new barge. We've got several friends w/ Suntrackers from 20' to a 30' Party Hut, and they all seem to be holding up well. How about some additional details on your barge?

forthetide2

Cadet

Lol...my patience is running thin. I could've driven to MO and gotten it myself. Fishin' Barge 22 with coatal and fishing package..90 4stroke

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I agree, be patient and it will come although that is a goofy policy, the trucking company should work for Tracker.

I can tell you the pontoon buisness in the spring is a really hectic place and memorial, July 4th and labor day are all a real pain, it's nice to have the 3 day weekends but the run up to it blows.

It is very hard to schedule a hard delivery date because you never know when your furniture, stereo, wireharness ect ect vendor is going to short you or have production problems of thier own os you cna have ever intention of delivering the boat on time but you never know what is going to come up.

In my 25 years in the buisness that is one thing that has never changed.

forthetide2

Cadet

I agree, be patient and it will come although that is a goofy policy, the trucking company should work for Tracker.

I can tell you the pontoon buisness in the spring is a really hectic place and memorial, July 4th and labor day are all a real pain, it's nice to have the 3 day weekends but the run up to it blows.

It is very hard to schedule a hard delivery date because you never know when your furniture, stereo, wireharness ect ect vendor is going to short you or have production problems of thier own os you cna have ever intention of delivering the boat on time but you never know what is going to come up.

In my 25 years in the buisness that is one thing that has never changed.
I could understand all of that but when I ordered the boat they already had one just like I ordered completed and still at the factory, all they had to do was hang the 90 on it so they told me 2 weeks. Well, it's getting close to 4. The most frustrating thing is noone can tell me anything, the dealer just says that he doesn't know when the boats gonna get here, Sun Tracker just feeds me a line of BS and I just sit here in limbo I guess. If they'd just give me an eta from time to time I'd be satisfied. Finally got a guy on the phone with Sun Tracker yesterday who explained to me how the trucking company ships the boats....atleast he was honest but I'd never let a shipper hold my feet over the fire like that and I'd damn sure never admit it to my customer if they did lol..wow

JEFFBUZZZ

Cadet

Lol...my patience is running thin. I could've driven to MO and gotten it myself. Fishin' Barge 22 with coatal and fishing package..90 4stroke

i just bought the fishin barge 20 ,had it 2 weeks now and its been in the water 7 times already .u will love it when you get it ,just breath deep and exhale slowly till it arrives .lol

5150abf

Vice Admiral

We do it completely different at Bennington, we schedule the loads and when they will leave and unless you get a boat that is on the dealer floor it is ordered and built, them shipped, I can't remember the last time I saw a stock boat.

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander

We do it completely different at Bennington, we schedule the loads and when they will leave and unless you get a boat that is on the dealer floor it is ordered and built, them shipped, I can't remember the last time I saw a stock boat.

How often do you hang the engine at the factory?

Originally Posted by forthetide2

i just bought the fishin barge 20 ,had it 2 weeks now and its been in the water 7 times already .u will love it when you get it ,just breath deep and exhale slowly till it arrives .lol

What motor did you get on the fishin barge 20?

I got mine last week.

Would have had the boat in 5 days from the time I ordered it but I had to wait a little over a week for the motor.

forthetide2

Cadet

I got mine last week.

Would have had the boat in 5 days from the time I ordered it but I had to wait a little over a week for the motor.

Happy with it? What are some pro's and con's I can look for? I think we got the same boat didn't we

I got the 20' fishing barge with the 75 4stroke and so far I could not be happier with it but then again I have only been in it for about 2 hours.

We are gonna take it out this weekend and put some hours on it so I'll know more after this weekend.

Also this is my first boat so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

forthetide2

Cadet

I got the 20' fishing barge with the 75 4stroke and so far I could not be happier with it but then again I have only been in it for about 2 hours.

We are gonna take it out this weekend and put some hours on it so I'll know more after this weekend.

Also this is my first boat so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Well we got the same boat..minus a couple feet pretty much. Good luck with it and have fun this weekend...wish I had mine:mad: Post up some pics

JEFFBUZZZ

Cadet

What motor did you get on the fishin barge 20?

i got the 4 stroke bigfoot 60 ,i tell u this thing just sips fuel ,its a great motor ,we get 20mph with 4 people and all the gear with 1 person get about 24mph ,i started to get the 22 footer they had them side by side and i learned the 20 footer is really 21 ft 11 inchs and the 22 footer is realy 22 foot 2 inchs saved about 5 grand by going with the 20 they actually use the same pontoons for both models doesnt make much sense but it is what it is ,its a great boat ive had 8 poeple on board and they was plenty of room a little tight with all fishing but it still works good .only thing we need to do is under skin it . the under skin will make a big diffence and should gain a few mph

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

There are huge delays with Mercury right now if you happen to be waiting on a Merc. I bought a toon off the showroom floor. Ordered a motor. After waiting 4 weeks with no motor, I told them the deal was of unless they could source a motor, so they got me a Yam. Last I heard, Merc was 8 weeks out on some models.

rhinoronnie

Cadet

Bought a suntracker 21 fishing barge2008 90 hp optimax sips fuel lots of power aluminium deck love it had 175 bayliner 175 3.0 liter mercruiser way better on fueland way more comfurtable