• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mounting pontoon docking lights under front deck ??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting pontoon docking lights under front deck ??

I'm looking at installing two 55w halogen docking lights under the front of my pontoon deck on the first crossover to use at night to illuminate the water if necessary without using my handheld spotlight. I didn't want to take up any room on the floor of my pontoon in the front so i figured that mounting underneath was a good option. I don't think they will get too wet but plan on putting a fuse between the lights and power source. I was wondering if anyone had done this and their experience. Thanks as always...

Re: Mounting pontoon docking lights under front deck ??

Considering the number of splashes we take over the front of my dads 21ft, you can guarantee that they will be getting wet under the deck. I'd put them up on the rail, not the floor.
    2012 Malibu VTX 5.7 Monsoon 350
    2009 Ram CC 5.7 Hemi

www.oldjeep.com

Comment

I would think that there are a lot of waterproof lights out there. Search the net for them.

Comment

Thats what I am using on mine and also just under the front of the deck mounted on the trim edging and I am using car style fog lights and if you will think a moment their designed to stand being driven at 70 mph in rain and still work so a bit of splash is nothing. Mine are going into the second year with no problems.
        sigpicJames & Deb

Bad Dog

If it aint broke your not having enough fun

my 1988 Riviera Cruzer pontoon rebuild
        http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=526820

Comment

mine are also mounted under the front deck, they seem to be working fine. I wouldnt think it would be a problem for you
          thanks Jack

Comment

Re: HOW CAN I MOUNT 2 MOTORS ON MY POONTOON? 1-40 HP & 1-9.9 HP

Originally posted by natedog337 View Post
            i'm looking at installing two 55w halogen docking lights under the front of my pontoon deck on the first crossover to use at night to illuminate the water if necessary without using my handheld spotlight. I didn't want to take up any room on the floor of my pontoon in the front so i figured that mounting underneath was a good option. I don't think they will get too wet but plan on putting a fuse between the lights and power source. I was wondering if anyone had done this and their experience. Thanks as always...
            help
            how can i mount 2 motors on my poontoon?

1-40-hp & 1-9.9-hp?

Comment

Welcome to iboats

help
              how can i mount 2 motors on my pontoon ?

1-40-hp & 1-9.9-hp?

Glreid1

It is better to start your own thread , it makes it a lot easier to get answers and not confuse one that is all ready going.
              sigpicJames & Deb

Bad Dog

If it aint broke your not having enough fun

my 1988 Riviera Cruzer pontoon rebuild
              http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=526820

Comment

Mine aren't mounted under the deck, but are mounted to the deck directly in front of my rails and get soaked. I started out with car fog lights, but later changed to much nicer Optronics LED ones that look the same, but are fully sealed, all aluminum construction, and WAY brighter with less power drain. They also cost around $100 for the pair though so about three or four times as expensive as the automotive ones. I also have 2ft strips of white accent lights under the edge of the skirt back near the stern that I use when landing fish at night. They are no where near as bright as the docking lights, but could be used as such if one were only concerned about using their docking lights for the purpose of coming in to the dock at night and putting it on the trailer or into a slip. They are only about 1/4 inch wide and 2ft long, are completely waterproof and adhere securely with the mounting tape provided. Longer lengths, which would be brighter can be found.
                sigpic

Comment

Just wondering if anyone on the site has any experience with these docking lights from pontoonstuff?

Pontoon Boat Docking Lights

I have some that are ready to put on my boat and they seem very durable and waterproof.

Comment

Might also look into these as an option:

Anderson Slim Oval ION Fog Lights - iboats
                    Rick

"Boating is Life...All the rest is just Details"

2007 Bentley 200 Cruise
                    2007 Merc. 90 4 stroke

Comment

Originally posted by Cubbyblue22 View Post
                      Just wondering if anyone on the site has any experience with these docking lights from pontoonstuff?

Pontoon Boat Docking Lights

I have some that are ready to put on my boat and they seem very durable and waterproof.
                      Funny those are the exact ones I put on my 26 foot pontoon. Ended up mounting them on the front rails and use them at night to help light up the water while underway. They are fantastic and very bright. Have taken plenty of salt water splash and no issues so far at the end of season 1

Comment

Working...
                      X