Weight of Pontoon furniture

ezrollin

Seaman
Anyone have an idea of the weight of the furniture etc on a typical 90's 24' pontoon boat?

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Weight of Pontoon furniture

An educated guess would be about 400 lbs unless it's wood and then maybe 500. You can go to pontoon furniture websites to get a closer estimate.
And I'm very curious why you need that info.

ezrollin

Seaman

An educated guess would be about 400 lbs unless it's wood and then maybe 500. You can go to pontoon furniture websites to get a closer estimate.
And I'm very curious why you need that info.

I have a pontoon/cabin project going[see other post] and the the 93 Bass tracker was stripped of all furniture and console when I bought it.I have added a 3rd tube for added flotation and I'm keeping fairly accurate count of any weight that I add to the existing platform just for future reference.

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I replied there. Good luck with your project. I lived on the Harris Chain of Lakes in Leesburg for 10 years. Lots of great cruising waters around your area as well.

ezrollin

Seaman

I've driven over to the Harris Chain to check them out but don't know much about them yet.It's not worth the hassle to launch unless I'm going to be out overnight,which is why I'm building this thing.I have a 17' alum. craft bass boat for the smaller local lakes near me.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I am slowly of working my way through the same thing. I got a 20 foot one that was striped down. The PO had redone the deck and carpet. And I am redoing the rest of it will be buying a new back couch this winter and having a rod box and live well made and upholstered. I picked it up to build a fishing boat out of. But am leaving enough room in the front to toss up a 8 x 8 done tent on the front for over night trips. I night fish most of the time. Its out at a shop right now having a dock cover made found a place that will make one from sumbrella at a decent price.

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've driven over to the Harris Chain to check them out but don't know much about them yet.It's not worth the hassle to launch unless I'm going to be out overnight,which is why I'm building this thing.I have a 17' alum. craft bass boat for the smaller local lakes near me.
We have cruised and spent the night on all of those lakes many times, including Lake Apopka. We once made a two week trip from Lake Eustis, through Lake Griffin, up the Oklawaha River, up the Silver River, up the St. Johns to Jacksonville and then down the intracoastal to Daytona. I would encourage you to at least take an overnight trip up the Oklawaha and Silver Rivers to Silver Springs. Take bananas to feed the wild Reeses Monkeys just before reaching the Silver River. PM me for more info if you get over there after your project completion.

ezrollin

Seaman

I am slowly of working my way through the same thing. I got a 20 foot one that was striped down. The PO had redone the deck and carpet. And I am redoing the rest of it will be buying a new back couch this winter and having a rod box and live well made and upholstered. I picked it up to build a fishing boat out of. But am leaving enough room in the front to toss up a 8 x 8 done tent on the front for over night trips. I night fish most of the time. Its out at a shop right now having a dock cover made found a place that will make one from sumbrella at a decent price.

Good luck with your project.We've been doing our crappie fishing at night also ,there's nothing like spending the night on the water if you're comfortable and properly setup.

ezrollin

Seaman

We have cruised and spent the night on all of those lakes many times, including Lake Apopka. We once made a two week trip from Lake Eustis, through Lake Griffin, up the Oklawaha River, up the Silver River, up the St. Johns to Jacksonville and then down the intracoastal to Daytona. I would encourage you to at least take an overnight trip up the Oklawaha and Silver Rivers to Silver Springs. Take bananas to feed the wild Reeses Monkeys just before reaching the Silver River. PM me for more info if you get over there after your project completion.
Coincidental,I have been entertaining a similar trip but haven't routed it out specifically.Idon't have a completion dead line on my boat but hopefully it's in the near future . I would certainly value your input as I have no first hand knowledge of these water ways.

artistwood

Seaman Apprentice

The old wooden framed furniture i took off of our 28' party hut weighed between 450-550 pounds. I had to take it off in pieces as it was too heavy to lift the rear seats without taking them apart. replaced it with newer stuff from wise which weighs hardly anything. Probably saving around 300 pounds give or take with the new stuff. It is plastic framed and plastic based but really good quality.

ezrollin

Seaman

Artistwood thanks for your input.I don't know what my 24' had originally but I would assume that most boats in that range and year would have say 500 lbs of furniture etc. I don't anticipate any weight problem I'm just trying to keep a fairly accurate record of weight removed / weight added as a reference. I did add a third tube for added flotation and stability

a1nowell

Chief Petty Officer

ezrollin,
Contact someone like www.pontoonstuff.com select a furniture package similiar to what was on your boat and asked them what the shipping weight would be.

Just a suggestion.

ezrollin

Seaman

ezrollin,
Contact someone like www.pontoonstuff.com select a furniture package similiar to what was on your boat and asked them what the shipping weight would be.

Just a suggestion.
Took your suggestion and after trying a different sites found that bench type seats vary between 15-20 lbs a foot,now I need to found out what is typical seating on a 24' ptb.

Blank-N-Ship

Seaman

ezrollin,

Just a suggestion.
I was going to suggest the same thing. Add up the individual pieces (by shipping weight) as seen on some website. You could easily subtract about ten pounds per piece in shipping material, however.