One inch square tube source.

James R

Commander
Can anyone provide me with a source or sources, with reasonable prices of course.
Thanks.

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: One inch square tube source.

The Lowes here in Florida carries it and if you are veteran, you can get a 10% discount. We also have lots of aluminum companies here in Florida. Bulk quantities can be gotten pretty cheap from the internet.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Look in your phone book under "metal suppliers" there should be someone that has some but I wouldn't count on it being cheap, aluminum has gone up 30ish% in the last year.

Jeep Man

Commander

Check out the local metal supplier. I picked up some 1x2 rectangular tubing to repair my bimini frame. Price was quite reasonable compared to buying factory pieces. You could also check out the local scrap dealer if longer lengths are not required. Area factories and tradesmen drop off new, shorter pieces they cannot use. It's usually sold by the pound.

fishrdan

Admiral

The aluminum tube on your existing bimini is most likely anodized, the tube you get from a metal supplier is most likely not anodized.

I've bought metal pieces from these guys a couple of times. It might not be the cheapest when shipping is factored in, but it was cheaper than I could find locally. Locally, it's either very expensive /foot or you have to buy a 20' stick.

jeeperman

Lieutenant Commander

Also checkout your local store front canopy and awning makers.
The ones that are covered in canvas.
The frames are usually square aluminum tubing around here.
They could bend it to suit for you too.

James R

Commander

As luck would have it a gentleman close by is parting a 'Toon out. Got the complete playpen in good shape for $275.
Thanks for all the input. It is well appreciated.