spectrum pontoon

sbooy42

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We own one of these and I had never seen another one until today.. Definitely a different looking pontoon with this cat style hull... gets some funny looks going down the river too

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this pontoon..

Pro & Cons?

Pic is not of my boat

Attachments

• SpectrumPontoon1990.jpg
    SpectrumPontoon1990.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 0

GaryO

Seaman Apprentice
Re: spectrum pontoon

There are some different shapes out there. I have a Misty Harbor with, well it's hard to describe them. I'll just post a couple of pictures. They have an inverted vee on the bottom. The boat lifts up out of the water at higher speeds because of their shape on the bottom. Different for sure. (Yes, I know they need to be cleaned)

Attachments

• 100_0565.jpg
    100_0565.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0563.jpg
    100_0563.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 0

spectrum24

Recruit

I have owned one for 5 years and will never give it up!

It handles great. Big boats always slow down for me, thinking i'm a pontoon that can't handle the big wakes but i fly right over the big wakes. I get to use every square inch of it for fishing and family pleasure. When we get together with friends on the Florida intra-coastal we always end up on my boat because of the large seating arrangement. It's a great hang out boat.

sbooy42

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have owned one for 5 years and will never give it up!

It handles great. Big boats always slow down for me, thinking i'm a pontoon that can't handle the big wakes but i fly right over the big wakes. I get to use every square inch of it for fishing and family pleasure. When we get together with friends on the Florida intra-coastal we always end up on my boat because of the large seating arrangement. It's a great hang out boat.

Yep no complaints here..lots of room and the open front deck is awesome for the kids to fish from... ours has a 115 on the back which makes it nice for pulling tubes too.. Honestly dont see us getting rid of this boat anytime soon..

Jeep Man

Commander

Yep no complaints here..lots of room and the open front deck is awesome for the kids to fish from... ours has a 115 on the back which makes it nice for pulling tubes too.. Honestly dont see us getting rid of this boat anytime soon..

Cool toon. What's your top end speed?

RICK NARVESEN

Recruit

I have the same boat and I am having performance issues. the prop is breaking loose under half throttle or corners. load does not seem to matter. I thought it was cavitation but have adjusted motor several times with no luck . The prop is not pitting like most props will do with cavitation. I am running a 115 also. top gps with light load on any water is about 20 mph. I love the boat but I know I am missing something. what shaft length , height ,prop size and pitch are you running? any help would be great.
Thanks, Rick

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class

Neat "hybrid" toon. My buddy's parents had one of these. Was similar to driving a standard boat, turned much better. These always remind me of the Bayliner Rendezvous deck boats. Nice to have a toon layout with the added functionality.
Beaching and shower water operation was always limited as well as the bilge filling up when uncovered. Do you notice these at all?

Slandry

Recruit
I'm looking at buying one of these. Looks like all y'all have to say is good. Is there any thing I should look for before buying? Do y'all's have capacity tags if so where? The one I'm looking at is a 90 modal with an 89 merc 275 on a hydraulic jack plate.