Wolverine Pontoon trailers

powderfinger

Cadet
Anyone have any experience with Wolverine pontoon trailers. I am looking into buying a new bunk trailer to replace my scissor lift and of all the local dealers it seems the one that carries Wolverine trailers is the cheapest. Does anyone know how well they are made.

They are made of 11 gauge 2x4 box frame but I am not sure what gauge steel is usually used on trailers.

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Wolverine Pontoon trailers

I would not get a steel trailer. They may rust and the rust may on the inside and won't be discovered until it breaks. The steel will be also somewhat heavier than galvanized or aluminum.

Go only with galvanized or aluminum.

rogerwa

Commander

I owned a Wolverine trailer that I towed around a 21ft pontoon on. Mine was a single axle and that was a big mistake.. It was a white knuckle experience because it was so tippy. But I had no issue with the trailer itself and seeing I was in fresh water, the steel, other than weight was not such a big deal. They are really pretty simple trailers with the running gear pretty standard stuff that is same on all the other trailers like the axles and bearing and such..

mighsi

Recruit

Having some experience with pontoon trailers I would say that wolverine trailers are the best deal structuraly strong and and you can't beat the price. A word to the the wise if you live on or near a lake the crank up/ scissor lift is the way to go very convenient if your goin longer distances go with the float on style because of the wider wheel base makes for an easier hual. If your going to be in salt water go with a galvinized trailer for the salt will eat any paint off of any trailer.

Cycleman07

Seaman

Research McClain trailers. They are all aluminum and are incredibly well made. My trailer is in my signature.

wiegs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Our dealer said they are decent trailers but the paint quality is not great. Don't mean to hijack but has any had experience with trailers from pontoon trailers .com? Seem like they are well built.

I have a Tennessee Trailer, tandem axle, disk brakes, oil bath hubs. I towed the boat home 120 miles last weekend, it was great and the hubs were ice cold when I backed into my driveway

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The Wolverines are cheap, basic trailers. They are fine depending on what you are using one for.